Getting hair wet during swim classes?

IA - Swim Cap...I also put a little conditioner through out her hair just in case some of the pool water gets in

Can this work: A scarf and two plastic caps?
Someone I know suggested this method for a type 2 person who does not want to wet their hair. Is it possible to have no chlorine penetrate the cap?

Can this work: A scarf and two plastic caps?
Someone I know suggested this method for a type 2 person who does not want to wet their hair. Is it possible to have no chlorine penetrate the cap?

No, your hair is going to get wet regardless; even when you use a swim cap. Mine always does. I always wet my hair first and then saturate my hair with conditioner and oil. This helps prevent the absorption chlorine.

No, your hair is going to get wet regardless; even when you use a swim cap. Mine always does. I always wet my hair first and then saturate my hair with conditioner and oil. This helps prevent the absorption chlorine.

Someone I know said this worked for her.
Well, we'll find out soon enough, won't we?

Omg you read my mind fine 4's. I've been terrified of the swimming pool ever since I was younger, I use to take swimming lessons each week at school and the chlorine gave me 2 bald spots in my head. My mum took pretty good care of my hair back then, but the weekly wash and re-braid was not sufficient, she even rinsed my hair after swimming lessons, so I stopped taking lessons and my hair grew back, but now, I don't know how to swim. I really want to take some lessons, because I enjoy the water and its a great work out, but I do not want bald spots again.

Try spraying your hair with water(distilled) and then adding a shea butter/oil mix to your hair to protect it from the chlorine. :)

Last time I went swimming, I couldn't find my cap so I wrapped my head in Saran wrap so firmly that any tighter and my brains might've oozed out through my ears. (OK, I exaggerate :lol: ) And then I put on a wave cap so I'd look less crazy although the Saran wrap was sticking out at the edges but I didn't give it one thought. And then after all that, I swam with my head out of the water. :rofl:

I think there's a thread going around about coating your hair fully with Shea butter (I think a serum would work)...and I seem to recall conditioner also being recommended many moons ago. And then I say Saran wrap and a swimcap. You hair will probably still get wet, but if it's coated, then chlorine won't wreck as much havoc as it would if it weren't coated.

An after-swimming shampoo afterward would be a good move.

Back