• yes, some people deserve a 2nd chance

Votes: 117 36.4%
  • no, whats done is done

Votes: 138 43.0%
  • undecided

Votes: 66 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't believe all relationships are supposed to be forever. We may totally outgrow someone and getting back with him would be going backwards in life.

Some behavior are deal-breakers and I could not imagine getting back with such an ex. I just make sure I learn from the experience and move on.

Forwards ever, backwards never. Once it's over, you can get back together but it ultimately will not last :nono::yawn:

I guess it depends on the situation. I will never get back with my ex never. I miss him like crazy but only because we been together so long no other reason just I know him. Nothing new there. after about five minutes I cant' stand to be around him, then I remember why we are not together now. THere are to many thing wrong with him. I am sure there are a lot of things wrong with me but whats wrong with me is normal - what is wrong with him is not normal not normal at all. i.e. my daugher asked him to bring her Chinese food, he brought it but told her she owed him 9 dollars. she is 13 now a grown up. There are tons of things but this is what irked me today.

For me, once it's over, it's over! It's too painful to look back. But it works for some people, like Cookie Johnson. Years back, Magic left her at the altar, TWICE!! But looked at them today, they weathered the storm and they're very happy and in love and still together till this day.

And here's another hollywood couple, Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Flavin. He sent her a letter via FEDEX and broke up with her to be with Angie Dickenson when Angie claimed that she was preganant for him. After he found out that the little girl wasn't his, he went back running back to Jennifer and begged her to take him back. Nevertheless, here is another example that love can be better the second time around.

:grin:

breakups don't happen just because--- there's always a reason. it's a matter of determining whether or not that reason is worth overlooking.

every significant relationship i've been in, the guy broke things off with me (no i don't have issues, but i don't believe in giving up when times are rough, and i seem to attract wusses). and each one "saw the error of their ways", and attempted to rekindle things a second time around.

my thing is, if you broke up with me before, what's to stop you from doing it again? sorry, but i'm not taking that chance of getting hurt a second time by somebody who's too dumb to realize the value of what they had in the first place.

it seems like a lot of people break up and make up. does it work 2nd time round? would you do it? would it matter who ended it? personally, i'm against the idea. If i ended it, then it was obviously for good reason. If he ended it, well, no way in hell would I get back with a guy that dumped me. Tried it once when i was young and stupid, never again. I still ended up dumping him in the end anyway! :lachen: BTW, this can be hypothetical.

This time last year I would have said hell to the no.
But I recently got back together with my ex mainly because he made the necessary changes that needed to be made. So it's like we're issue free now.

I voted for some people deserve a 2nd chance. But i feel like if there's serious trust issues, cheating, abuse etc.. then the person definitely doesn't deserve a 2nd chance no matter how long it's been.

well i think it depends if its cause of problems in the relationship or if he broke up with you then hells no!!! but if its cause of something like once me and an ex had to break up cause of distance he had to go and live in another city it had nothing to do with problems but if he had moved back we probably would have gone back together he was a great guy :yep:

It all depends...
For me I would with my last ex. We recently just started talking again. I still love him and miss him. He is GA and I'm in NC that is one of the reasons why we are no longer together. I don't know what is going to happen in the future, but I really do want things to work out. There were no trust issues or anything, just mainly the distance..All I can do is pray about it and leave it to GOD.
But if it was one of my other ex, NO.. I would not double back with them. For one I no longer have the love that I once had for them and I had trust issues with them.:nono:

I gave an ex (who was also a really good friend before we started dating) a second chance, and while it didn't end as badly as the first time, it still ended. Unless the two of you broke up because of circumstances which have changed drastically, an ex is an ex for a reason.

It all depends...
For me I would with my last ex. We recently just started talking again. I still love him and miss him. He is GA and I'm in NC that is one of the reasons why we are no longer together. I don't know what is going to happen in the future, but I really do want things to work out. There were no trust issues or anything, just mainly the distance..All I can do is pray about it and leave it to GOD.
But if it was one of my other ex, NO.. I would not double back with them. For one I no longer have the love that I once had for them and I had trust issues with them.:nono:

I am going through the same situation. I hope everything works out for you too. The distance is hard :ohwell:

My answer to this question is a ? right now. I got back with my ex after we broke up, but so much has happened between us that sometimes it's hard to get past... plus a whole new wealth of problems popped up. But we still have our good times, so I dunno.

(I hope he isn't reading this. :look:)

You and I are >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Great post! I had broke up a 10 yr relationship with my ex for a variety of reason, but mainly because it wasn't going anywhere. After we broke up he was more open and wanted to give it another stab, in which he wanted to get married and had kids also. unfortunately, I started another relationship and its going great! Although sometime I do miss him and feel that a 2nd time around it could work, I will not got to the extent of giving up my present to go backwards.

To answer your question - No! Life is about movement. Never look back!

My ex is/was just annoyingly annoying!

did the whole " lets give it another go crap"

a BIG waste of time..would take alot for me to do that again in any other r/ship!

i do think the circumstances of the breakup and the progress made by BOTH individuals can make a difference in whether or not it's worth revisiting the relationship. however, after recently breaking up with my SO after giving him a second chance, i'm not really feeling going back to that situation :nono:

he'll be back (or trying to get come back) by the end of the year, and after really thinking about our relationship in a critical, logical manner, i don't even plan on answering my phone. :yep: he can kick rocks, and by the time he realizes how FAB i am and realizes that he won't do better than me, i hope to be seeing somebody else! :grin:

I did a second-time-around once.

When we broke up I was pregnant, he didn't know it. I don't remember why we broke it off - except that we were both very immature. I didn't tell him about the pregnancy until 1 month before the baby was due - in a letter.

I called him the night that I went into labor and his new girlfriend answered the phone. What a mess!

Anyway, when I got home from the hospital the visits started. . .
. . . to see the baby. . . we were cordial . . . we got cozy with each other. . .:grin::grin:

One day while he was there I told him that he was just in time, I needed to shower and the baby was awake. It was summertime and I stepped out of the shower, back into my bedroom forgetting that he was there:grin::grin:. . . kind of. Anyway, its been on like popcorn since.

We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in September.

Like other have said there has to have been a real change and an open honest conversation.

However my granny always says...

never go back to your vomit :lachen:

Well lemme tell you an interesting story...
Me and my ex (current bf) got together way back when in 2005. We were infatuated with each other but then two days later he messaged me on Myspace (haha i'm showing my age now..) and told me that he didn't want to hurt me because he is not ready for a gf at the time. I was so hurt and confused, and in school he wouldn't even say hello to me :wallbash:
Over the course of two years we've started talking again, and he said from the start that he wanted to be with me, but he knew his lifestyle would hurt me (he is a real partier..and he knows that i am the exact opposite). Now, in apr08, he called me up and we started talking and he decided that he was ready enough to start it up again. We are in love and couldn't be happier!

I wouldn't get back wif dat greasy bama if he hit da Powerball, got his nose fixed, grew a larger winkie woo woo, and so mo stuff chile....and I will sign some papers on dat one!!!:nono:

He's a nice guy, but he's 11 years older than me and we have a child together. He's a Washingtonian...(DC). Ugh....

Tell yall a short story. One evening, I went over his house to drop our son off ri.....I pulled up and noticed a car in da driveway ...I was like good..he got company..bout time..hope he cleaned up da house wif his triflin a$$. Anywho, my son gets out and rings the bell. Dat bama came runnin out da house tawkin bout some "i got company...and he was cheesin"....I don't even think my son was in the car good...I put dat joint in reverse and was like... G'HED!!! Carry on...as you were!!! Don't let me stop you!!! :yay: He had this stuck on stupid, broke down on dumb look on his face as if he thought I was gonna black out.... Hell, I was like....g'hed and I'll take lil man to school..DO YOU!!! Left his simple a$$ standin in da driveway n drove off into da sunset.

And just this past father's day, I went over to drop our son off. He was like....so, whatchu get me for father's day, wif dat gleemy look in his face ri....I was like...it's in your email. He said.."in my email"...and I said "yea, in ur email box..." so da dummy went ova n logged on ri.... he said.."i don't see nuffin but a link" I said...click on it.... Dummy clicked on it and it was a free subscription to Match.com. Yall shoulda seen his facial expression. :lachen:

^^^Straight up hilarity! :lachen::lachen:

Reminds me of the time when one of my friends ex-husband sent her a Valentines Day card in the mail. She ripped it to pieces and sent it back to him in the mail...Hilarious!

This thread fascinates me. I personally would never get back with an ex. Been there, done that. My high school sweetheart, whom I still love and care for to this day, we had a horrible breakup our 2nd time around after being together for a total of 10 years. But if I count all the high school drama we had it was like our fifth or sixth round. I like forward motion too much to go backward. BUT the guy I've been dating for the past 7 going on 8 months is at a standstill. He says he really really cares about me, and I believe him. Its in his actions, not just his words. His ex for the past 7 years still wants him back. She's playing dirty too, using her son to keep my boo around her. He says he doesn't know, At times he says he still cares for her and even though this is their 4th/5th break-up he thinks maybe the fact that they've been together for so long means something. More recently he says he wants to make sure he is over her before he starts something serious with me. I'm having a hard time being patient. I really care for him and I want to be with him but I know how he feels and what he going though. It took a long time for me to make these decisions about my ex and it wasn't a hardcore decision it was something I woke up one day and realized that I'll always love that person but being together isn't right. At this point all I can do is pray, be patient, try not to flip out or get my feelings hurt and enjoy the moments we have together.

Back