Getting a weave

treybaby2005

hi ladies!I am getting a sewin in a couple of days and I was wondering what I should do to prepare my hair for twelve weeks of not being able to cowash everyday anymore.My hair needs a perm and I was doing half wigs but I can nolonger pull that off and I'm not ready to get a perm yet so I'm getting a weave to further protect my hair.What do you ladies do before getting your sewins?

Hey! I haven't worn a weave for a few months, and I never used to do anything beforehand to protect my hair. :nono: But I think you should give yourself a good DC. Also, don't you think 12 weeks is a bit long? I wouldn't wear a sew in any longer than 6-8 weeks max. But that's just my opinion. Good Luck!

i had a sew-in for a month over the summer. what i did was did a hard protein treatment about a week before, and i deep conditioned the day before. the hair that didn't get ripped out whole along the edges (because she sewed it in ENTIRELY too tight) felt strong when i took the weave out. :look:

oo and dont forget to moisturise your hair underneath
a spray bottle with a leave in mixed with water will do the trick :)

I would do a protein treatment and deep condition before you get to your stylist. Also, detangle your hair before they braid it. After getting the install, make sure you keep your hair underneath clean and moisturized. When I wore weaves, I would wash every week and moisturize every other day.

I would do a protein treatment and deep condition before you get to your stylist. Also, detangle your hair before they braid it. After getting the install, make sure you keep your hair underneath clean and moisturized. When I wore weaves, I would wash every week and moisturize every other day.

What she said:yep:

I ditto what some of the other ladies have said. Do a protein treatment if you need it and definately DC beforehand. I would moisturize also... but don't seal as the oil may make it difficult for your hair to be braided. Make sure you moisturize your real hair on a consistant basis and wash at least every two weeks. I prefer co-washing only. HTH

Back