Getting a press vs. Flat Ironing at home

mscounselor

Hey ladies,

I am going to the Jazz fest in JA and I wanted to just air dry and straighten the roots for the weekend. The maxiglide worked but reverted upon landing. I need something that will last for the weekend. What do you think? Get a press at a salon, a blow out, or rollerset then flat iron the roots at home?

TIA!

I think the products block the humidity (at least from what I've seen) My cousin (natural) paid $35 for a salon straightened do for my wedding, as soon as she landed (in Miami) her hair reverted. I was transitioning (month 17) so I had mostly natural hair. I straightened my hair and used a ton of product in my hair and flat ironed w/my $20 GoldnHot ceramic iron. My press stayed good, in the florida & caribbean humidity (went on a Caribbean cruise right after) for about a week till I washed it out.

So IMHO if you are gonna pay money at a salon, make sure they are using the right products because I think that matters more than anything.

nurseN98 said:
I think the products block the humidity (at least from what I've seen) My cousin (natural) paid $35 for a salon straightened do for my wedding, as soon as she landed (in Miami) her hair reverted. I was transitioning (month 17) so I had mostly natural hair. I straightened my hair and used a ton of product in my hair and flat ironed w/my $20 GoldnHot ceramic iron. My press stayed good, in the florida & caribbean humidity (went on a Caribbean cruise right after) for about a week till I washed it out.

So IMHO if you are gonna pay money at a salon, make sure they are using the right products because I think that matters more than anything.

Please NurseN98 can you tell me what are the products that you are using to block humidity?

Hey Soun,
I used Got2b products. THis
3981-P8852.gif

and this
107666.gif

Got them from Walgreens. I used the creme straightener first to blowdry then I used the serum to flat iron. My hair stayed good throughout my wedding day, even when we got a little sprinkle (about 5-10 sec of light drizzle) during my outdoor reception.

mscounselor said:
Hey ladies,

I am going to the Jazz fest in JA and I wanted to just air dry and straighten the roots for the weekend. The maxiglide worked but reverted upon landing. I need something that will last for the weekend. What do you think? Get a press at a salon, a blow out, or rollerset then flat iron the roots at home?

TIA!

:lol: that was funny, reminded me of my hair:lol:

nurseN98 said:
Hey Soun,
I used Got2b products. THis
3981-P8852.gif

and this
107666.gif

Got them from Walgreens. I used the creme straightener first to blowdry then I used the serum to flat iron. My hair stayed good throughout my wedding day, even when we got a little sprinkle (about 5-10 sec of light drizzle) during my outdoor reception.
I have the second product as well.
If I dont plan on blow drying (Im only 3 months post today), then I guess I can just use the serum on my hair once I get ready to flat iron it.

Sprung- It wasn't even funny when I landed. I had all this hair with the roots pushing it out. I look like Cathy the cartoon character.

I agree. Finding the right products can help stop the frizzing.
Also, I'd suggest covering your hair with a scarf for half an hour after flat ironing.

Back