get the PROFESSIONAL HOOD DRYER!!

MonaLisa said:
I am with you on this one.....this will be my next big hair/pj purchase in the coming months.

Way past due. I can do my hair when I'm good and gosh darn ready on my own time...and I can burn my own ears up in the privacy of my home..
:)

:lol: that's funny. i agree with you completely on that. i too am thinking of getting one of these babies since my dryer broke last month.

kinchen said:
Dang why did I come into this thread I saw some on ebay as well

I bought one from eBay. Mine wasn't "Pibbs-esque", but more similar to those dryers with the chairs attached in the salon. I paid about $170 with wheels and free shipping. Still haven't used it b/c I need to clean my dirty house, lol! I told myself I don't deserve it, yet. MOF... I should be cleaning instead of being on here :look:...

glossyxlipz said:
Believe me, buying this saved me soo much more money. Before I used to pay about 20 bucks a week for a wash and set( this is before I found this site and was able to do my own hair) Now I can wash my hair as many times as I want during the week without having to dish out the $$$

That was exactly my rationale when I was talking to my sister about purchasing one.

I think having to pay an extra 2 dollars on a recent visit to sit under the dryer with conditioner (MY CONDITIONER I BOUGHT TO THE SALON ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE) along with getting my ear skin dang near burnt off...has really spurred me to fork over the dollars.

LaRandomChick's child running around with Cheez Doodle residue on their hand...also helped in my decision making...

It will be the last thing I need to finally become a total DIY'er.

I agree with getting a professional dryer, it's best appliance I bought for my hair.

@glossyxlipz: I wonder why it's soo short, does it adjust to different heights?

LOL, at the red. I can't believe they charged you for sitting under the dryer :lol: $2 at that :lachen: .
MonaLisa said:
That was exactly my rationale when I was talking to my sister about purchasing one.

I think having to pay an extra 2 dollars on a recent visit to sit under the dryer with conditioner (MY CONDITIONER I BOUGHT TO THE SALON ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE) along with getting my ear skin dang near burnt off...has really spurred me to fork over the dollars.

LaRandomChick's child running around with Cheez Doodle residue on their hand...also helped in my decision making...

Dare~to~Dream said:
Can I ask: What protein treatment you used? Your results look great...I love my professional dryer though I'm told that it takes up too much power. :look:

the product was GPB. But my hair is fine, it does not do well with protein unless it's milk or soy protein. I wanted to give GPB another try. It works wonders for others though.

Ladies, thanks for all the compliments. As to the other unanswered questions.

This one adjusts by height. I loosened the middle screw move it downward then tightened the screw.

I paid $149--but my friend saw it in Long Island for $129. I live in Manhattan, hence the markup.

It took 45 min to dry my hair at 50 degrees C. My hair is not very thick--so 45 min is the standard even at the hair salon.

Congratulations Bajanplums on getting salon results at home. I do believe the dryer makes a difference, my pj wheels are spinning over the thought of getting a new dryer...

Congratulations Bajanplums on getting salon results at home. I do believe the dryer makes a difference, my pj wheels are spinning over the thought of getting a new dryer...

Priestess said:

you and me too! I only want the pibbs dryer because machie. said it dries quicker than other dryers.

Hey can anyone tell me what is the best price for a pibbs 514 hooded dryer and where I can get it at that price. Thanks ladies

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I agree with getting a professional dryer, it's best appliance I bought for my hair.

@glossyxlipz: I wonder why it's soo short, does it adjust to different heights?

No its not adjustable! I was so annoyed. But I think the reason was that it was never ment to be kept on the stand it came with. The dryer is detachable so I am thinking it was ment to be attached to a salon chair but I am not about to buy that!!

MonaLisa said:

I thought I was trippin the first time I saw the $2 extra on the bill. "Ay mami is because you sit under the dryer..." I am so tired of being nickled and dimed at the salon.

bajanplums1 said:
the product was GPB. But my hair is fine, it does not do well with protein unless it's milk or soy protein. I wanted to give GPB another try. It works wonders for others though.

Wow, I thought GPB was one of the mild ones...but as you stated your hair can't take certain types of protein. I'm glad you got situation under control. That professional dryer is great isn't it? :)

Back