gel & moisture

me-T

for all the gel users, how are you keeping your hair moisturized?
i think i want to start using it to prolong my styles, but i have enough battles with moisture and softness

I use Long Aid Curl Activator gel, it provides lots of softness.

For gels that don't give the moisture I'm looking for, I'll add a little jojoba oil to it.

I bought a leave-in the other day and it works wonders on my hair whenever I wear a gel. It's Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In conditioner. A little more than $9 for an 8 oz spray bottle. I bought it at Target, but I'm pretty sure Whole Foods carries the Jane Carter line too.

I always buy and keep a stash of empty spray bottles from the bss. I put the leave in in one of them and give my hair a light spray. It's enough for all of my hair and that's saying something 'cause I have A LOT of hair. Leave in 1st, gel 2nd. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
I will put moisturizer underneath the gel, sometimes shea butter and sometimes aubrey organics honey suckle rose condition. The next day I will lightly sprits my hair with water and put a light coating of AOHSR conditioner over my hair. This will keep my hair soft and moisturized.

I use Long Aid Curl Activator gel, it provides lots of softness.

For gels that don't give the moisture I'm looking for, I'll add a little jojoba oil to it.

I cosign with using curl activator gel (Long Aid, Smooth and Shine, Blue Magic,etc.) under my holding gels like Ecostyler. My hair stays moisturized using this combination.

sounds simple enough, thanks! whenever i think gel, i think that brown ampro gel (protein & dryness)

Fantasia IC gel for colour teated hair!!! It's the best :)
But whatever gel you use just use a good leave in underneath. I just use glycerin on my wet hair and seal with whatever oil/butter I have around.

I like to wet my hair first, add curl activator, style and then gel. Then I brush down with a toothbrush and put on a scarf to set it. This keeps my hair moisturized underneath but there are times when my hair can get hard, too.

before i try this, i need a new leave in. i'm trying to use up the rusk sensories detangler i have. i moisturize and seal with oil before and after bed, and when i get home from work, it feels like i've used a gel.

Back