Gain 1 Lose 10 in 2010 Challenge!

I wanna join too, ladies! :lol:
I need to lose 20-30 pounds and this is just what I need.
I'm transitioning but growing out to WL first (all textures included)
I'd love a reminder message, please! :yay:

I just started going back to the gym. This challenge would be an excellent to fuel both my goals for my hair and my body. I love it! sign me up please.

please count me in. i need to lose about 45 pds and my short term hair goal is bsl. i am currently apl. please send me a reminder.

Yes! Count me in. I would love a reminder message too.

My starting weight is 183. I want to lose 40lbs.
My hair length is between APL and BSL.

I'm going to start exercizing every morning and doing weight watchers.

Last edited:
Add me too! I am too close to 140 and at 5'3" that is NOT cute! I hope to take off 20 during the spring so I can feel comfortable going to the beach in a 2 piece this summer. And the sad reality is most of my summer clothes are 2 sizes too small right now. I can grow my hair, shed a few pounds and save $ by not having to invest in more clothes. This challenge is a triple win for me.

Send me the reminder too pls.

OP, I would love to join, I have 50 lbs to lose. I would like to receive reminders as well. Thanks

Please add ME!
Hair Growth/Weight Loss= perfect combo...
current weight-173- weight goal-135/140
And Id love for my hair to be APL..lol but ill take what ever i can get

I'd like to join. I am doing a Biggest Loser competition at my job starting on March 30th, but I am BCing on April 24th. Can I still do this challenge?

Add me please and I would also like to receive a private message for updates.
-My starting weight is 180. My goal weight is 150-160.
-My starting length is SL. Goal length is APL.

*I would like to lose at least 15 pounds and graze APL by my July 6 (my birthday)

Add me please!!!!!
please send me a private message for updates.
I would like to lose 40 pounds
My starting length is CBL. Goal length is BSL.

I'd like to join as well, I just discovered that I weigh about 10 more pounds than I thought...unless that scale at walmart was wrong:rolleyes:. It said 157 and I need to get down to 130-135. I'm hoping to do so before summer settles in, which might be too ambitious. I also want to grow my hair from BSB to at least MBL before years end. Please send me reminders, I'm kinda in a lot of challenges...:look:

Okay..lets see the only challenge I can say i'm still up with is the my DC challenge..THIS RIGHT HERE THOUGH.. IS A CHALLENGE I NEED TO STAY ON...infact i'ma need a buddy for this one to keep my butt motivated..cause i'm real good at starting... and then stopping..so If anyone wants to be a drill sargent for Me..PLEASEEEE let me know.. my butt needs every bit of it... count me in...

Starting weight 263 ...in that time period I want to drop atleast 30-40lbs....My hair is still SL :wallbash:..and I'm hoping for APL sometime this year.....my excericise routine is pretty much walking atleast 3-5xs a week ...no less then 3miles.. I do push ups and lift weights (not on consecutive basis like I use 2)..and I cardio box on the wii :look: ... My diet is where the issue really is lol..

please send a reminder.

YAY!! I would love to join!!....I'm soooo excited that i finally caught a challenge!!! My 1st challenge at that!!!:spinning:...I am currently an embarrassing 230lbs and my all time goal is to lose all together 80lbs!!!! I am the Queen of Junk Food and i know i need to get rid of that nasty habit :bricks: which is y i def need the help to keep me motivated. I would like a PM for reminders plzzz.

Great challenge. Count me in. I want to lose 45 lbs. and gain however many inches will get me to mbl.

I'm in! Finally a challenge I'm down for. I'll have to come back & post my starting weight, but I think I want to lose about 50lbs. I'd like to reach full apl; my longest layer is about there, but my shortest layers are between chin & shoulder length.

PLEASE send me reminders as well.

Are we to post starting pictures?

I still have no r next to my name :sad: I deff need a reminder. I think I may i've forgotten to put that in my orginal post. Can you add it please :grin:

I am so pumped. I tried to clear all the junk out my house:mmmchocolate: and I went to the supermarket to stock up on healthy foods. I also checked my hair supplies:armyhat::armyhat:I need to loose 50 lbs and I want to go from NL to APL this year hehehe

We are sooooo in the same boat! Several years ago I lost nearly 40 lbs. But due to stress at work and pure laziness, I've gained it back. I have absolutely no motivation. Also, I am DEFINITELY an emotional eater.

I come from a family of diabetics and high blood pressure, so I definitely need to get my act together because that's one thing I DON'T want to "inherit".:nono:

The funny thing is I know what to do and how to do it, but the motivation just isn't there. I'm hoping that this challenge will help me get my groove back.:yep:

I'm in! I'm looking for something to motivate me as well. I've gained 40lbs in the last year!!!!!!!!!!! :fat: I basically gained back all of the weight that I lost a few years ago, and...I'm trying to grow my hair out to at least BSL and this is the perfect way to start both. I've already started to change my diet and I excercise (cardio and weight training) at least 4x's a week. I have 60lbs to lose :cry: and I need the motivation. I'm going to Jamaica in October but I would like to have the 60 off by December. I would also appreciate the reminder for the weigh in's and inches. Yaaaayyyyy, and I finally caught a challenge before it started!

I am at 186 and I'm a stubby 5'3". You're right...it's not cute at all. You should see me trying to hide the rolls on my hair pic updates! NOT CUTE!:look:

Add me too! I am too close to 140 and at 5'3" that is NOT cute! I hope to take off 20 during the spring so I can feel comfortable going to the beach in a 2 piece this summer. And the sad reality is most of my summer clothes are 2 sizes too small right now. I can grow my hair, shed a few pounds and save $ by not having to invest in more clothes. This challenge is a triple win for me.

Send me the reminder too pls.

Will we need to post starting pics?
\
I'm thinking about adding this to the rules. I think having a starting hair close up and body shot (neck down body shot) would be good and updating every month would be good as well.

Hi everybody! I'd like to join this challenge (my first one). OP, I'd like a reminder and thank you so much for this. Good luck to everyone.
Good luck! We can DO this!
Add me too please!!!! I had a baby 8 months ago and desperately need to lose the weight, grow hair and get sexy for my hubby!!! =) & please send me a reminder message! Also, does anyone know how you add what challenges you're in to the bottom of your responses???? and fotki and stuff?
I actually have a thread on how to do this that I saved.. let me go find it...
... Here it is http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=446150

I've been thinking about this very topic all week because I have been steadily losing weight since I signed up on the site. I am an emotional eater: sad, mad, glad, bored, rainy, etc. but I find that when I am feeling bored especially I log on to LHCF and it takes my mind off whatever it is that I am feeling. So I want in on this challenge and hope that by documenting my results I can take my mind off food.
I understand. I am an emotional eater as well.
I'm in! I'm looking for something to motivate me as well. I've gained 40lbs in the last year!!!!!!!!!!! :fat: I basically gained back all of the weight that I lost a few years ago, and...I'm trying to grow my hair out to at least BSL and this is the perfect way to start both. I've already started to change my diet and I excercise (cardio and weight training) at least 4x's a week. I have 60lbs to lose :cry: and I need the motivation. I'm going to Jamaica in October but I would like to have the 60 off by December. I would also appreciate the reminder for the weigh in's and inches. Yaaaayyyyy, and I finally caught a challenge before it started!
LOL. I usually see challenges after they start as well. This way, I KNOW I'll be able to start on time :).
Okay..lets see the only challenge I can say i'm still up with is the my DC challenge..THIS RIGHT HERE THOUGH.. IS A CHALLENGE I NEED TO STAY ON...infact i'ma need a buddy for this one to keep my butt motivated..cause i'm real good at starting... and then stopping..so If anyone wants to be a drill sargent for Me..PLEASEEEE let me know.. my butt needs every bit of it... count me in...

Starting weight 263 ...in that time period I want to drop atleast 30-40lbs....My hair is still SL :wallbash:..and I'm hoping for APL sometime this year.....my excericise routine is pretty much walking atleast 3-5xs a week ...no less then 3miles.. I do push ups and lift weights (not on consecutive basis like I use 2)..and I cardio box on the wii :look: ... My diet is where the issue really is lol..

please send a reminder.
Cardio box on the WII sounds like fun! You can do it!!!
I'm in! Finally a challenge I'm down for. I'll have to come back & post my starting weight, but I think I want to lose about 50lbs. I'd like to reach full apl; my longest layer is about there, but my shortest layers are between chin & shoulder length.

PLEASE send me reminders as well.

Are we to post starting pictures?
Yes, I am going to put an update on the initial post about pictures.
I still have no r next to my name :sad: I deff need a reminder. I think I may i've forgotten to put that in my orginal post. Can you add it please :grin:
There should be an r by your name now.
I am so pumped. I tried to clear all the junk out my house:mmmchocolate: and I went to the supermarket to stock up on healthy foods. I also checked my hair supplies:armyhat::armyhat:I need to loose 50 lbs and I want to go from NL to APL this year hehehe
Sounds like a great goal! Eating right and moving more well help for sure!

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

I thought I would stop by and share the diet I am on with you all. I have done it in the past and had great results because its a clean diet:

Breakfast: 1oz oatmeal (cooks up to be 3/4 of a cup), 1 serving of fruit, 4oz of protein, 1 serving of dairy (milk or unsweetened plain yogurt)

Lunch: 4 oz protein, 6 oz of cooked (steamed or grilled veggies) and 6oz of salad w/ 1tbs of olive oil (good fat) instead of salad dressing.

Snack: 1 serving of dairy and 1 serving of fruit

Dinner: 4 oz protein, 6 oz of cooked (steamed or grilled veggies) and 6oz of salad w/ 1tbs of olive oil (good fat) instead of salad dressing and 3/4 cup brown rice or 1/2 small yam.

This comes to about 1200-1500 calories a day. I started out actually weighing my meals but after a few weeks I got good at eye balling everything.

This is what I follow and I am only sharing it to inspire others to research and develope a plan that works for them. *consult your physician before starting this or any other diet/exercise program*

Lets shed these pounds and grow long hair together ladies!!!!!​
:bdance:

Back