FYI

TonicaG

TonicaG
Ladies,

PLEEEEZE be mindful of your biotin consumption. Too much of a daily intake will lead to unnecessary shedding. I did a little project on myself, just to make sure it wasn't in "my head" because this was really driving me totally insane as I knew I was doing all the right things for my hair. I was consuming 7500 mcg per day and my hair was shedding like CRAY-ZEE. I assumed it was seasonal shedding but the WHOLE FRIGGIN' YEAR?!!!

Anyway, after much stressing about what I was doing and not doing to my hair that's the only thing I could think of. I stopped cold turkey and waa laa, the shedding ceased immediately. I been flushing my system with lots of water and I've not had any problems since.

The biotin has helped a lot and I would recommend it but once again, everythang ain't for everybody!!!

My only regret is that I've lost so much hair because of this...

I'm so sorry to hear that...:(

I take 10mg of Biotin daily, thank goodness I haven't had any problem with shedding.

I don't know if that's too much for you it may or may not be as we all have different bodies so you'll have to monitor it. I posting this thread to caution the users of biotin. I guess too much of something can be bad for you...

Just be watchful...

I increased my dose to 5000, and I have been shedding like crazy. This may be why.

This thread is just a precaution. We are all so eager to get growth and doing so many things to assist the growth process that we're doing more harm than good.

I'm just asking the ladies to be cognizant of their vitamin intake and to also find out what are the disadvantages of too much consumption. Bigger dosages are not always better...

Hey, TonicaG!

Good looking out, for those who are shedding and can't pin point what the deal is.

I take 10mg of biotin a day and haven't noticed any excess shedding. I started doing henna treatments about a month after I increased my henna and any shedding I had was greatly reduced.

HTH!

tricie said:
Hey, TonicaG!

Good looking out, for those who are shedding and can't pin point what the deal is.

I take 10mg of biotin a day and haven't noticed any excess shedding. I started doing henna treatments about a month after I increased my henna and any shedding I had was greatly reduced.

HTH!

Tricie,

That's great that your experiences haven't been negative. You're obviously doing something right! Way to go for you and the other ladies that haven't been effected. This is how we learn from good and bad experiences from one another. I do have length but no longer thickness. I'll start using my Black Castor Oil and see if that will help thicken up along with the BT. Oh well, you live and learn...

I recently developed a Hair Care Forum Proverb: "It takes a village to help grow a healthy head of hair".

HTH Ladies!
T~

I take Twinlab Biotin Caps and the recommended does is 1 capsule daily. Each capsule is 600mcg. I just don't overdose on vitamins because your body is not going to consume but so much and in the long run you can do more harm than good. So, it's really a waste.

Back