Funny Story! (kinda long)

Chakira

Friday, was my boyfriend and my 1st anniversary so I wanted to do something special. I arranged for us to get massages. It was great. I had my hair cornrowed in the front with my afro phonytail in the back. So the massage therapist is doing her thing, massaging my neck and then gets into a scalp massage that was great. Then i realised that my phony was getting kinda loose! Then she tells me to flip over on my back, and she's still going after my neck and scalp...and then it happened! My afro puff falls off
shocked.gif
(my hair is still short, not much to hold on to i guess?) but the end of the drawstring is still attached via bobby pin, so its just kinda dangling off the massage table! And she's just like, oops let me move this. Like it was nothing! If i were a different person, I would have been extremely embarrased. but it was all I could do to hold back my laughter and focus on the massage again. Needless to say, my bf can't stop laughing at me.

Has anything similar happened to any of you ladies?

Lol!
laugh.gif

Well I was walking down the street with a friend the other day and all of a sudden I see something fall and I look down and my hair piece was lying on the floor
grin.gif

My friend was like, "oops, there goes your hair."
She's black too and everything so it was funny. Otherwise I might have been embarrased
grin.gif

OMG!
shocked.gif
rofl.gif

I am wearing a fake puff while I transition to natural hair and losing it in front of people is my biggest fear! I anchor it down with about 6 giant hair pins. I fear the sun visor in my car and strong gusts of wind...
laugh.gif

A long time ago I was with a friend who was sporting a super long Sade-like fake ponytail. It fell off and the look on her face said that she didn't know if she should keep walking or bend over and pick it up!
grin.gif
The look on my face was probably worse--until that moment I thought it was her real hair!

More power to you for being able to laugh. I could see myself now, if that was me:

"Ummmm....I don't think that's mine..???"
violin.gif

grin.gif
<font color="orange"> I'm definitely laughing with you!

I played basketball in high school, and I used to wear a phony tail to every game. Well during one game, I was hustling for a lay up when I realized I had left my phony tail on the other end of the court.
laugh.gif

My coach just handed it to me at a time out and said, "uhhh....here's your hair"
look.gif

I think he was more embarrassed than I was. I just wrapped it back on and kept it moving. </font>

LOL you girls had me cracking up!!
Back in the day I had a jeri curl and my basketball coach touched the top of my head ....I wanted to dye!! He didn't know what to do with all of the juice on his hands

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to dye!! He didn't know what to do with all of the juice on his hands

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that woill teach him not to mess with a black womans hair!

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
This was the best laugh to start my day!!!
laugh.gif
Girl, I lost two of my micro braids one time when I was in a limousine... My daughter was 5 at the time, and she said, "Mom, your hair is in the floor" My husband couldn't stop laughing....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
<font color="orange"> I'm definitely laughing with you!

I played basketball in high school, and I used to wear a phony tail to every game. Well during one game, I was hustling for a lay up when I realized I had left my phony tail on the other end of the court.
laugh.gif

My coach just handed it to me at a time out and said, "uhhh....here's your hair"
look.gif

I think he was more embarrassed than I was. I just wrapped it back on and kept it moving. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

My sister used to teach an aerobics class and she wore a ponytail. The one time I decide to take her class, wouldn't you know that in the middle of all that jumping her ponytail falls off! Now we were in a class of about 30 woman. They all made believe they didn't notice a thing. She didn't stop, she just kept going. I was so upset! I kept telling her that darn thing was going to fall off, but she's the kind that just doesn't let things like that bother her. She laughed about it while I fumed. I can laugh about it today, but I was really upset when it happened and it didn't even fall off of my head.
laugh.gif

Whew, I feel better that I'm not the ONLY one!
laugh.gif
I'm not even going to get started on stories about a braid falling out! That's why I love cornrows and weaves.

I have an eccentric friend who referes to her hair pieces by name...

One day - a certain faux ponytail by the name of Shiela - dislodged herself on a particualrly windy day last fall. My friend (being the pip that she is) exclaimed - "SHEILA! GET OVER HERE!"

Everyone in the street was looking at her like she was a lunatic. I was beside myslef with laughter and so was she. It was a funny, funny day....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
. O.k sorry, but that story was VERY funny to me. I'm glad that you can joke about it now though. If it were me I would have been SOOOOO embarrassed
blush.gif
. I don't think that I would have been able to enjoy my massage after that
look.gif

Tracy, that was TOOOOO funny OMG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
. O.k sorry, but that story was VERY funny to me. I'm glad that you can joke about it now though. If it were me I would have been SOOOOO embarrassed
blush.gif
. I don't think that I would have been able to enjoy my massage after that
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was hard to relax after that because i kept trying not to
laugh.gif
! I just kept picturing the look that must have been on her face, when she was like what the heck??
shocked.gif
I would have paid to see that look!

Back