From Henna+Indigo JetBlack to Henna Red

Ladyhenri

Hi ladies,

Has anyone done this successfully?

I have really enjoyed my jetblack hair with Indigo but now i want to go red with henna.

So the Q is
Have you done this or are you contemplating doing this?
How many times do i need to henna to achieve this?

Any other tips?

Thanks

I am going to try henna in burgundy this weekend just got some from hennahut.com i only used the clear one before. reading up on useing the burgundy one. wondering if i can mix it with con and not water?going to add 10 drops of essential oil to the mixture.not sure how many times i will use it guess until my gray shows lol about every two months for me. but the clear one i only used once a month. wish you luck.

When I use Henna it doesn't turn my black hair red, it only turn the grey hairs red so I don't think it's possible to turn the black red.

Indigo is permanent--it does fade some, but probably not enough to show the red. You're going to have to gradually go red by growing it off.

^^This is true. After henna + indigo, I applied only henna about 2 months later. There was no color difference--still very black.

indigo will fade over time, but it can't fully be removed from the hair. i chopped out most of my indigo when i BC'd, but for the most part, if you want to go henna red, you'll have to grow out your indigo :yep:

indigo will fade over time, but it can't fully be removed from the hair. i chopped out most of my indigo when i BC'd, but for the most part, if you want to go henna red, you'll have to grow out your indigo :yep:
this is what happened to me... i 1st start using indigo/henna then eventually just henna and eventually the indigo wore off and my hair went back to dark brown w/reddish hilites... in the sun it's just red all over

Back