Henna/indigo mix - Will the Indigo fade over time?

Noir

So I plan on doing a henna/indigo mix sometime next week.

I do not want any red at this present time just a brown shade with slight reddish brown tints (which my natural color is) so I was thinking of doing the henna + indigo. I was wondering if the indigo was permanent or will it fade over time?

I am also wondering if a henna gloss would suit me better. Would I still get the red tint with a henna gloss. I don't think that cassia will give me the same heaviness which you get with henna.

I am really just doing this for fullness and strengthening. I am not looking for a color change.

Thanks in advance gals :drunk:

:wave: Noir
My answers in bold below

So I plan on doing a henna/indigo mix sometime next week.

I do not want any red at this present time just a brown shade with slight reddish brown tints (which my natural color is) so I was thinking of doing the henna + indigo. I was wondering if the indigo was permanent or will it fade over time?

- That ought to do it; a 1 step process to get more reddish brown - don't use a lot of indigo though.
- Indigo is permanent, but like any colorant it will fade over time.

I am also wondering if a henna gloss would suit me better. Would I still get the red tint with a henna gloss. I don't think that cassia will give me the same heaviness which you get with henna.

- I think a henna gloss would suit you better, I barely get color with a henna gloss.
- I have only tried Cassia once, but there is a good thread about Cassia around here.

I am really just doing this for fullness and strengthening. I am not looking for a color change.

Thanks in advance gals :drunk:

ETA: Here is the link to the Cassia thread

Last edited:
Back