Frequent/Daily Co-washers, I need your help

Determined22

I've been co-washing daily for about 3 weeks, and lately my hair has been feeling "coated" after I'm done. I clarified last Saturday and my hair already feels not right. I've been alternating between Organix's conditioners, Suave Humectant and Sunsilk Hydra TLC. And I also DC a lot, at least 3 times a week.

Any ideas on what is causing the coating? Has anybody noticed any of the brands that I've mentioned leaving their hair with a coated feeling?

I've been co-washing daily for about 3 weeks, and lately my hair has been feeling "coated" after I'm done. I clarified last Saturday and my hair already feels not right. I've been alternating between Organix's conditioners, Suave Humectant and Sunsilk Hydra TLC. And I also DC a lot, at least 3 times a week.

Any ideas on what is causing the coating? Has anybody noticed any of the brands that I've mentioned leaving their hair with a coated feeling?

I dunno but that sounds like ALOT of conditioning could be just too much for your hair?

Try making one of those days a poo day, towards the middle of the week. I have all of the products you mentioned and I do find the Suave and Sunsilk can have a tendency to leave a build-up over time, but the best way to combat it is to cut down the frequency a bit and definitely add a poo. Maybe poo & DC on the same day 1 x/wk and CW maybe 2 or 3 instead of everyday. I also use a chelator instead of a clarifying poo. The chelator cleans down to the cortex remove both product and mineral build up whereas a clarifier only works over the hair surface to remove product build up. Chelators also make my scalp feel better :yep:

Try making one of those days a poo day, towards the middle of the week. I have all of the products you mentioned and I do find the Suave and Sunsilk can have a tendency to leave a build-up over time, but the best way to combat it is to cut down the frequency a bit and definitely add a poo. Maybe poo & DC on the same day 1 x/wk and CW maybe 2 or 3 instead of everyday. I also use a chelator instead of a clarifying poo. The chelator cleans down to the cortex remove both product and mineral build up whereas a clarifier only works over the hair surface to remove product build up. Chelators also make my scalp feel better :yep:

Thanks, I'm gonna try that! :yep:

I use Suave Humectant and I notice a buildup, but it's usually while I'm co-washing. I use MN and sometimes coconut oil. I use a daily moisturizer too, and whenever I co-wash, it looks as if I poured a can of crisco on my head! Do you have that same problem?

I totally agree

I use Suave Humectant and I notice a buildup, but it's usually while I'm co-washing. I use MN and sometimes coconut oil. I use a daily moisturizer too, and whenever I co-wash, it looks as if I poured a can of crisco on my head! Do you have that same problem?

I haven't had that problem, my hair just feels heavy, like it still has stuff on it. I'm going to try going back to every other day co-washing, and adding a poo in the middle of the week and see how that helps.

Yes ma'am!:yep::yep:

I don't do daily co-washing because I feel that my hair will be off balance on the moisturizer side, my hair was starting to feel over moisture when I was doing co-washing ever other day, now I try to co-wash ever 2 to 3 days, and go back to ever other day when I'm over 6 weeks post. When your hair is off balance on either the moisture/protein side it starts to break. So if your hair starts to feel overly "soft" or coated you should do a light protein like 2 min. Aphogee.

OT: Determined your braidout looks good. How did you achieve that look? Did you put a roller on the ends?

I use ACV rinses and it has been working wonders on my hair. I use 3-4 parts distilled water and 1 part ACV and 15- 20 drops of rosemary and lavender EO. I will drip my head in the solution and massage my head for several mins. My hair feels so clean and refreshed I love my some ACV:yep:

Back