FRANTIC.. NEED MAJOR HELP PLEASE!!!

Dogmd

Okay... here is the situation. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I am scheduled to leave for Brazil on wed am... which is the good thing. I finally get to go on a vacation and relax! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Also Great news.. I just found out I am pregnant with my first Baby!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif But ... My hair is an absolute mess.
It has been resistant to everything. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gifMy last touch-up for my 4a/b hair was 4 weeks ago. Let's just say... everything went wrong. My scalp was on fire so she had to wash out the Mizani lye relaxer that I commonly use after 12 minutes. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
My new growth was texturized... But now this stuff is back to square 1. It is rough and has stopped responding to the stuff I have been using lately. Suave milk and honey doesn't work, My hair see's luster curl activator and starts laughing!!! I cannot believe this. Before Pregnancy my hair was thriving, soft and manageable. Since the last salon visit however... It's been a mess. Is it going to be like this for the whole 9 months??? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

What should I do!!! The plan was to keep it washed and pulled back into a phony pony, but NONE of my products are working to tame the new growth that is coming in like gang busters and the new growth that wasn't completely straightened after my last visit..
My hair ends up so poofy-- like a natural.. It's very hard to even pull it back without breaking it off!!!
Anyone have any reccomendations for Resistant - stubborn hair. I want to look cute in brazil. It's too late for braids, and I don't have any time to try to hunt for a dominican salon for an intense blow out!! Sorry so long... but I am starting to stress out majorly /images/graemlins/swearing.gif /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

Are you a wig person? I would get one of those pretty wavy looking ones, or something that looks like wet and wavy hair. Or maybe even a fall(quick weave, etc.) or something easy like that. At least it would be a temporary fix until you get back. HTH, I'm sure the other ladies will give you more advice.

Congrats!!!
15_2_126.gif

Congrats on the new baby. Perhaps it is not too late for braids if you just want your natural hair in a regular cornroll style (no extensions added). Also, you could try braiding your own hair (medium braids with beads on the ends, or large braids that are undone for the braid-out look, or even two strand twists). Or, invest in some beautiful, silky headwraps. HTH.

I recommend to do a clarifying wash and a deep condition. Then sport some twist outs or braid outs. Then when you start to frizz out it is not too noticable.

Back