Fotki: What the heck??

isawstars

I hardly have any photos in my album and fotki said that I've reached my limit! I have a bunch of photos I want to put in my fotki and I don't want to pay... especially when there are ladies who have a lot more photos than me! I'm really confused.

Maybe I should just switch to another photo sharing website... I just can't remember the names that other ladies are using. I thought there was one specifically for hair but I can't remember what it's called.

No, you don't have to switch yet. There is a thread on here that tells you how to get free space. Do a quick search; and I 'll try to find it too! You can click on a special button and get free space---> and if you continue to click it you can get up to several thousands of mb(?) of additional space free according to some members.

I hardly have any photos in my album and fotki said that I've reached my limit! I have a bunch of photos I want to put in my fotki and I don't want to pay... especially when there are ladies who have a lot more photos than me! I'm really confused.

Maybe I should just switch to another photo sharing website... I just can't remember the names that other ladies are using. I thought there was one specifically for hair but I can't remember what it's called.

Were you thinking of Fab Hair Project?

No, you don't have to switch yet. There is a thread on here that tells you how to get free space. Do a quick search; and I 'll try to find it too! You can click on a special button and get free space---> and if you continue to click it you can get up to several thousands of mb(?) of additional space free according to some members.

Thanks for the heads up! I tried searching "free space" instead of fotki and I found it. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=400138&highlight=free+space

I have no idea how I missed that thread... Thanks again!

well I tried to add extra space beyond the "1 click" and it didn't work today, boo hoo :(

You didn't get any extra space at all? I got some! What were you clicking on? I went to my account then at the top right I clicked on the link for extra space.

Every 30 days you can get more space.. It def builds up overtime. I've had mine for a few yrs & request every time I remember...

Make sure you're resizing your pics before you upload them.

My camera photos are usually full screen size like 1098X800 I was only able to fit like 24 in my fotki. So then I went back and started resizing them to about 600X800 before uploading them and I haven't had a problem since.

If you upload a hi-res image, it will show as normal size on fotki, but your space is still being taken up by that large file. HTH.

also, it would help if you reduced the size of your photos (by dpi, resizing), crop them, combine two photos, etc to create a smaller file. This can be done in photoshop or maybe paint or even powerpoint. Loading a whole large (3-6 mb) photo straight from the camera uses up a lot of space.

Back