FOTKI KILLED MY COMPUTER!

YEP! Fotki was definitely it. Same thing happened to me and I thought it was just me until I started reading about other people having the same problem (outside of LHCF people). I wonder why they won't fix that stupid site.

It happened to me too. I got the fake windows virus where it gives you an error and says win36 or something like that. It attacked my computer something serious and i had to get it cleaned. This antivirus from windows kept coming up to tell me i could purchase thier products but if you put your cc # in it would wipe out everything. I don't click on links anymore. Also when i tried to seach things in the google search engine it would always direct me to a site i did not try to search. Now i have avast, spybot and nortons. All i had was my carrier protection and mcfee before.

I ran and brought Norton tonight and the virus still won't let it load:wallbash:

I clicked on someone's fotki link the other day and my laptop acted funny. Had to run my my anti-malware program. They need to fix whatever the problem is.

I tried to visit Fotki today, but AVG found (and blocked) some malware and that kinda ruined the mood. :ohwell:

It happened to me too. I got the fake windows virus where it gives you an error and says win36 or something like that. It attacked my computer something serious and i had to get it cleaned. This antivirus from windows kept coming up to tell me i could purchase thier products but if you put your cc # in it would wipe out everything. I don't click on links anymore. Also when i tried to seach things in the google search engine it would always direct me to a site i did not try to search. Now i have avast, spybot and nortons. All i had was my carrier protection and mcfee before.

L you have to get your computer cleaned first.
Oh :wallbash: so got to take it somewhere to get it clean. thanks

im still under warrenty for my computer, can they clean it for me or do i have to still find someone to do it?

Well I'm glad to know its not only me...or rather I am upset it is happening to you all too. Yea I have a friend attempting to remedy the problem. I hope you all can get help too! Love you all!

I think something like that happened to my laptop. I'm not sure what it is.. my BF fixes computers as a hobby so he handled it for me. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Yes, my computer got infected from FOTKI

NOT cool...we have an unprotected PC that has been fine for years...I hadn't updated my fotki in over6 months-1 year so I thought I'd be a friend and update. Wrong.
I too got the 50-11 "Your computers under attack!" etc messages...
I have other ways to log into my computer via another user...Fotki never again :(

im still under warrenty for my computer, can they clean it for me or do i have to still find someone to do it?

You have to check your warranty and where you purchased it. Don't take it to geek squad they charge $200. Its not expensive to get it cleaned if the warranty does not cover it.

You have to check your warranty and where you purchased it. Don't take it to geek squad they charge $200. Its not expensive to get it cleaned if the warranty does not cover it.
ok thank you so much. i will contact macafee tonight and if they dont cover it i will have to find somewhere to take it.

I use AVG to block Fotki's malware...so far, so good.
I tried to visit Fotki today, but AVG found (and blocked) some malware and that kinda ruined the mood. :ohwell:
I installed AVG last year after taking my computer to Best Buy for repair.

Yesterday I tried going to a fotki page and AVG blocked it.

Last year Fotki caused me to end up taking my computer to Best Buy to get rid of the viruses.

good thing I have a Mac.

But I did get it when I was on a Windows PC, but Im a juggernaut at removing viruses so I knocked it out.

OMG I think this is what happened to me today!!
I went on fotki this morning and couple minutes later I get a terrible virus!!!
I can't open any programs at all, everytime I open a program it infects it!! ugh!!!

Yesterday afternoon I stalked a Fotki. My system has been acting janky since last night. I guess THAT'S what did it. I did a system restore back to August 16th and that solved the problem

I haven't had any problems

I use century link and its really good about warning you of harmful sites

however after reading posts like these I don't even bother to go on there anymore

Good news I avoided payin 200 dollars and my friend fixed it. But ladies be very careful when viewing this site. I'm going to go to a library and shut my account down on a public computer. I hope that everyone is able to fix their computer.

sh!t! this thread is right on time! i JUST got a virus today. i had just opened my Fotki Desktop to upload new pictures. :sad: i don't know what else could've given me the virus cuz my other tab was lhcf and NC. smh. i may have to give up fotki when i get my new macbook because i'm not dishing out all that money to go down the drain.

oh noooo not fotki. I love stalking-----i mean looking---- at other naturals hair progress!!!!!!.
I think i'm on the verge of depression now

good thing I have a Mac.

But I did get it when I was on a Windows PC, but Im a juggernaut at removing viruses so I knocked it out.

so you haven't had any problems using fotki with your mac? cuz i am gonna be super protective of my baby.
OMG I think this is what happened to me today!!
I went on fotki this morning and couple minutes later I get a terrible virus!!!
I can't open any programs at all, everytime I open a program it infects it!! ugh!!!

wtf? did they send out a mass attack today or something?

like i said i never go to fotki and i never will again., this was just a one time thing that really messed me up. and i just got this computer back in july i think.

Dang this sucks. I've never had problems with it but I think it's cus I usually cruise through on my iPhone or MacBook. It's only when I update that I use the regular house computer, but it still hasn't given me any trouble. I'm not going to risk it though; this is ridiculous.

My laptop just CRASH from looking at fotki, I ran out to get Norton and it won't do anything. So luck me my dd has computer and my old 2003 is still internet capable. This is terrible no one can afford to get a new computer for looking at pictures. We need to report this!

i know thats right! i won't be able to purchase my macbook until October. :sad: and i was just thinking of ordering some hair products online- i definitely will not be logging into my paypal or account with this virus, so i can get jacked! my hair will just have to be crispy til i get a safe computer. ♥

Damn I wish I read this before I logged into fotki today....now I have a trojan virus on my desktop :wallbash: I don't know what to do it's shutting down all my browsers

Less than a week ago I checked a few fotkis (my Norton AV did not give any warning)

The next day I couldn't even log in to my computer (I would turn it on and it would turn itself back off)
Had to completely uninstall then reinstall the operating system which stripped my computer of EVERYTHING :computer:.

Had to reinstall ALL of my programs again(with the help of tech support and hours of frustration:wallbash:).

Im not touching fotki with a ten foot pole. :naughty:

Back