forget length i'm going for style...made an appt. to cut my hair to med. length bob

Re: forget length i'm going for style...made an appt. to cut my hair to med. length b

Please post pictures as soon as you get your hair cut! I love bobs on other people. I rebuke scissors though LOL

Re: forget length i'm going for style...made an appt. to cut my hair to med. length b

You have to do what's right for you, ajoyfuljoy; nobody knows your hair/lifestyle like you do. I'm sure your bob will be beautiful...looking forward to seeing the pics.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Mid-length bobs are nice, you can do a lot with them!:yep:

Have you cut yet?

I know that short bob would look so cute on you. I loved my hair when I had a bob, it is a very easy style to keep up. Also congrats on your wedding.

I haven't posted in a very lonng time...I had my hair cut into a cl bob (as you can see in my sig pic) aug. '09 and I absolutely loved it and so did my DH...I had always had long hair..had a few setbacks with and wanted a change.. Now, I'm back to growing it again, because I don't like being locked in to "one look". My beautician isn't thrilled since she has to put the scissors down..LOL, Do what makes u happy...

That is too funny joy...I have acquired a nice amount of length since last year and I keep looking in the mirror thinking about his certain cut. I'm trying to resist the urge but....

Post pics if you decide to do so. Are you doing this in anticipation of the wedding?

OP I totally feel you. I'm grazing APL these days but my former layers are non-existent and I miss them. I'm wet bunning until the fall and then I think I will meet my destiny with the shears and chop in some heavy layers on top.

Your envisioned cut sounds cute and I wish you all the best. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Girl do you. I 've been tempted to cut my hair lately as well. I would wait until after the wedding if I were in your shoes so I could have more hair to work with.

OP, go for it! I just cut my APL to a Rihanna/Malinda Williams inspired very short 'do. I love it! You are right, the longer my hair got, the more time I was spending taking care of it. Then I had to get a trim at a time I usually wouldn't b/c I got lazy. Both lengths require maintenance, but the short bob will be easier. You can wrap it easily at night. Use as much heat as you desire, b/c you will be cutting it to maintain the style...plus all the DC, protein, etc that we do on here, it will be super healthy anyway.

I have rec'd so many compliments on my hair on a daily basis. I know your bob will instantly give you the glam, and ease that you are looking for!! Please post pics when you get it done.

I feel you! Everytime I watch reruns of "The Game" I want to cut my hair into that bob (that the Derwin's baby mama has). I am excited to see your pics!

Congrats on your decision! Do what makes u happy!

Yay for you!!! :clap::thumbsup:

The cut sounds very pretty and carefree. I have had short (Toni Braxton) hair and cute chin length bobs and long CBL hair. Unfortunately for me my hair length is tied into some deep rooted self-torture that I am going through right now (Long hair is better....you're prettier with long hair....yadda...yadda....yadda... :wallbash:)

I can't wait to see pics. Maybe it'll inspire me to just have healthy/thick hair in a cute style no matter what the length. :grin: But until then.....I'm off to baggy my ends and pop some Biotin :ohwell:

My length/body was sacrificed to a poorly choice in using a Dr. Miracles product that literally FRIED my hair ends.

Last edited:

Currently, I am wearing a bob which I love and I consider keeping this length/cut a lot. However, when I had long hair it was so much easier to exercise/sweat my hair out because I could sport a twist/bun and still appear pulled together. At this point my fitness goals are loftier than my hair goals so I am growing my hair out.

I also find that shorter/layered hair is more work. If I don't bump my ends, although they are nice, the overall style doesn't look as good. I can get away with not curling it (any hair cut should be so precise that it falls into place without much or extra manipulation) but it's beautiful when rollerset/silk-wrapped.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your decision though :) You and your hair look pretty in your avi.

Last edited:

Healthy hair is the point of this forum. Go for the bounce and set yourself free.

Currently, I am wearing a bob which I love and I consider keeping this length/cut a lot. However, when I had long hair it was so much easier to exercise/sweat my hair out because I could sport a twist/bun and still appear pulled together. At this point my fitness goals are loftier than my hair goals so I am growing my hair out.

I also find that shorter/layered hair is more work. If I don't bump my ends, although they are nice, the overall style doesn't look as good. I can get away with not curling it (any hair cut should be so precise that it falls into place without much or extra manipulation) but it's beautiful when rollerset/silk-wrapped.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your decision though :) You and your hair look pretty in your avi.

Gorgeous hair!!

Back