For those who would like to extend their relaxer

Billygirl61

touchup.The longest I have been between relaxer touch up is 10 months with no breakage. I think the secret is to keep the hair well moisturised, excellent moisturising detangling shampoo and conditioner and keep manipulation of hair down to a minimum and you can extend your touchup with no problem and is not dependent on hair type, I have seen people with 10b!type hair go as long as 4-6 months with no breakage.Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of extending their touchups.
smile.gif

I want to extend my relaxer, currently I go about 8 wks. HOwever, my new growth is hard to manage, especially after I wash it. My hair tangles really bad despite using detanglers after every wash.

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
Good to hear. My problem is figuring out the best daily products to use and how to ensure moisture of new growth. HELP!!!
drowning.gif
huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies,

You may want to try some of these products:

591901.jpg
687901.jpg
425015.jpg

www.sallybeauty.com for full descriptions.

The first two products are curl activators/moisturizers and many use a product of this type to keep the newgrowth moist. The last product is my favorite for smoothing my edges down.

I usually comb over my hair to get the freshly combed look; there's no way in the world that I'd attempt to pull a comb from root to end with a ton of newgrowth. Too much breakage!

HTH

Re: For those who would like to extend their relax

Sweetpea,

Do you part your hair and apply the curl activator or do you put it on the top of all of your hair and just kind of rub it in?

wink.gif
Thanks Sweetpea. Should I use these products as they are or dilute w/ distilled water or something? Have you ever tried the Hawaiian Silky no drip activator?
confused.gif

Supergirl,

I lift up my hair in sections and spray it on the newgrowth and length and rub it in. The only time that I can actually run a comb through my hair is if I'm in the shower with water running through it or during the first two weeks after a fresh relaxer.

MoezThunder,

The products are good to use as they are. If you try one of the moisturizers, you'll find that it has a pretty good water/glycerine mixture.

I haven't tried the hawaiian silky activator.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Sweetpea,

Do you part your hair and apply the curl activator or do you put it on the top of all of your hair and just kind of rub it in?

[/ QUOTE ]
bump
confused.gif

You could try adding honey and olive oil, coconut milk to shampoo and conditioner adds alot of moisture and incredible shine.The coconut milk will make your extremely soft and somewhat loosen the curl.

THANKS! For the great tips ladies I usually wear wigs to
extend my relaxer time.

[ QUOTE ]
Billygirl61 said:
You could try adding honey and olive oil, coconut milk to shampoo and conditioner adds alot of moisture and incredible shine.The coconut milk will make your extremely soft and somewhat loosen the curl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of these ingredients are making me hungry.
lick.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:
Supergirl,

I lift up my hair in sections and spray it on the newgrowth and length and rub it in. The only time that I can actually run a comb through my hair is if I'm in the shower with water running through it or during the first two weeks after a fresh relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I am too...I can't put a comb through my hair without it being wet/moist.

Tebby

[ QUOTE ]
Billygirl61 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I recently preconditioned mother and sister's hair with a mixture of honey and lekair cholesterol and had no problem getting a comb through their newgrowth. I'm going try coconut milk next!
smile.gif

Back