For those who roller-set after co-washing

BGT

How do your sets come out? I have never roller set after co-washing because I always thought they'd come out heavy and weighed down. I might co-wash and roller-set on Monday. Hopefully, it'll come out as well as my normal sets. :grin:

I rollerset sometimes after co-washing, it comes out fine. When I do this I don't use a leave-in though, I use my "rollerset mix" which is a lil conditioner, coconut oil, and water in a spray bottle.

Why would they be heavy and weighed down? You wash the conditioner out just like shampoo.

I don't why I think that. Maybe because, for some reason, I think conditioner doesn't completely clean the hair like shampoo and it would leave residue. So, it would leave your hair kinda heavy.

That's why you use a light conditioner for co washes. Use something light, non oily, non siliconey and it won't build up on you :)

I don't why I think that. Maybe because, for some reason, I think conditioner doesn't completely clean the hair like shampoo and it would leave residue. So, it would leave your hair kinda heavy.

When I used HE LTR to cowash before a rollerset this is exactly what happened... heavy hair with no bounce and swing. But I realize LTR is full of cones so I wont be making that mistake again! :lachen:

Back when I was rollersetting, I thought this, too. I would always poo and con before the set.

I thought of trying a clarifying CONDITIONER for a cowash (I know Suave makes one) and then setting, but I never got around to it.

I wash the contioner out and my last rinse is with cold water light setting lotion and I spray the set with cold water berfore getting under the dryer. My sets come out fine.

Back