For Those Who Exercise...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
wave.gif
For those who rinse their hair after exercising, how do you style your hair afterwards?

Airdried?

Pinned up?

Blow-out?

Etc.?

smile.gif
Im going to start exercising today and plan on exercising every day in May. Do you have a wet hair style all the time? If you rollerset your hair, do you re-do the rollerset after rinsing?

ohwell.gif
Im afraid my hair would look dingy all the time after rinsing my hair if I airdry. I want my hair to look nice. I dont plan on doing it after everytime I exercise.

look.gif
So ladies, tell me what you do after rinsing from exercise or just post your exercising hair regime! I would greatly appreciate it.

I keep my hair braided while exercising daily and I keep cool to cold air blowing on me so the sweat is minimal. I wash as usual every 3 days - no time for daily washing or rinses.

I COwash every night, airdry and roll my hair in rollers exerise or not and since I exerice in the morning before work I just go ghetto style - rollers in my hair and a scraft work out, go home take a shower, get dress and take my roller out and style

I do braidouts or twistouts or if i want a straight look...2 side ponys and then wrap them around my head (thanks armyqt)

Between Surging daily and exercising three times a week I found it easier to wash, scrunch and go. If I don't want to bother running to work with wet hair I braid it the evening before into seven french braids.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_jennifer said:
I do braidouts or twistouts or if i want a straight look...2 side ponys and then wrap them around my head (thanks armyqt)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I do.

Hi Poohbear,

I exercise 3 to 4 times per week and believe me, when I say I sweat, I mean I SWEAT! (Especially in my head)

I don't like wearing protective styles, however, I don't like the idea of running around looking like a Fraggle Rock either.

So what I do is while working out, I pin it up or put it in a ponytail and when I get home, I spray a little Pantene Detangling Spray and apply about 20 cents worth of Breakfree (that's more than dime size, but less than a quarter), and I wrap it up, tie a scarf on it and proceed with my evening.

My hair dries overnight and when I get up in the morning, I unwrap and go.

I hope that helps.

Superstar1908

I condition wash and roller set whenever I exercise and have to go to work. I normally wear my hair in a doobie. At the gym, I will wear a ponytail. I work night shift, so my schedule allows me time to reset my hair. My workout routine is 3-4 days a week. If I am off, I simply condition wash and air dry and rock a ponytail until it's time to go back to work. Personally, I just don't care for buns, etc. and don't like to go to work wearing a ponytail, but that's just my little thing.

Before I found this board, my hair shed like crazy from exercising and not rinsing the salt out. I will never not rinse my hair when I exercise.

I work out 4-5 times a week, and whether if I am home working out (treadmill, etc.) or at the gym, I wear my hair wrapped with a scarf over it. I know it may not sound attractive working out in public with a scarf on, but it keeps my hair looking great regardless of how much I sweat (and believe me, I CAN SWEAT).

To keep my hair/scalp clean, I use ORS HERBAL CLEANSE
HERBAL-CLEANSE.jpg
every 2-3 days, and wash/condition normally every other week. (by the way, I'm a relaxed 4a/4b)

I hope this helps.
grin.gif

I condition wash my hair after running/working out at the gym and proceed to put it in a bun or ponytail while wet if I plan to workout the next day as well. If not, I'll style accordingly. HTH

If I am wearing my hair in ringlets I wrap a satin scarf around my hair and take it down later when I get back home. If its in a straight style I put it in a ponytail and then take it down later.
pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
pooh123 said:
If I am wearing my hair in ringlets I wrap a satin scarf around my hair and take it down later when I get back home. If its in a straight style I put it in a ponytail and then take it down later.
pooh123

[/ QUOTE ]
I love your new hair pics! Your ringlets are beautiful and your hair is growing so fast!

OK, I don't know what the level of working out yall are doing but....
grin.gif
If I go to gym and do a 1 hr aerobics class and my hair is wrapped, the hair is glued to my head w/sweat when I am done (scarf or not) When I work out at home it is not so bad, but I still can't wrap my hair and take it down to go work. Conditioner wash is a must for me or I will have major breakage.

[ QUOTE ]
divayoki said:
OK, I don't know what the level of working out yall are doing but....
grin.gif
If I go to gym and do a 1 hr aerobics class and my hair is wrapped, the hair is glued to my head w/sweat when I am done (scarf or not) When I work out at home it is not so bad, but I still can't wrap my hair and take it down to go work. Conditioner wash is a must for me or I will have major breakage.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you fix your hair AFTER doing the conditioner washes each time u exercise????

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
pooh123 said:
pooh123

[/ QUOTE ]
I love your new hair pics! Your ringlets are beautiful and your hair is growing so fast!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Isis!
pooh123

Back