Exercisers, How Often Do You Wash? and some other info...

How often do you wash your hair when exercising regularly?

• Once a week

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • After every exercise session

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Three times a week

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Four times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five times a week

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Six times or rmore a week

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Whenever it gets dirty enough

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
I cowash once, rarely twice a week.

How many times a week do you exercise? 5 days a week
Do you get any damage from exercising? If so, due to what? No
How do you style your hair daily? I style once a week and leave it in whatever the flavor of the week is for me
How do you style your hair when exercising? it varies, sometimes I'll let it hang and sometimes I'll put it in a scrunchie until I'm done exercising.

How many times a week do you exercise? 3-5 days a week
Do you get any damage from exercising? If so, due to what? Never
How do you style your hair daily? Twist outs, buns, or whatever I'm feeling at eh time. If i workout in the morning it's sometimes easier for me to just co wash when I get home and then tie it down while I'm getting ready
How do you style your hair when exercising? I try to workout in teh mornings or in the evening, so usually I wear twists under a cap to the gym, and then when i get home undo or wrap w/ a scarf for sleep. Sometimes I'll wear a puff if I wanna look decent at the gym, but that rarely happens.:rolleyes:

I exercise 6 days a week.

I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days now, lather twice.

I seal with leave in moisturizer and oil. THUS FAR....works for me.....got a ton of new growth & healthy ends.

I think everyone should clearly state whether or not they are relaxed and how you are styling the hair after each wash - ie rollersetting, blowdrying, flat ironing everytime.

My eBook on this very important topic is coming June 27th!
"Get Up And Be A Player"...PinkSkates Guide to "Our Hair" and Exercising!
ladyex-1.jpg

How many times a week do you exercise? 3-5 days a week

Do you get any damage from exercising? NO

How do you style your hair daily? Texlaxed 4b hair is usually flat ironed, or worn in low ponytail

How do you style your hair when exercising? I wrap my hair, then use silk scarf. If I'm going to use the sauna or steam room (once or twice a week) I put Redken Smooth Down before to avoid dryness.

i fell off on exercising but when:
How many times a week do you exercise? 3 x's/wk w/ yoga b4 the gym
Do you get any damage from exercising? If so, due to what? No
How do you style your hair daily? I'm natural-wash n go's
How do you style your hair when exercising? Tied up in a scarf

I fell off w/in the past 6mths so I'm definitely going to start my exercise n yoga routine back up
The gym is on the compound so I don't travel far
I exercise in the morning b/c all the men are usually gone to work by 9am so the gym is usually empty
I exercise in the mornings for 1 hr
I plan to eat a WHOLE LOT MORE raw veggies and fruits

How many times a week do you exercise? I exercise 5 times a week.
Do you get any damage from exercising? No, I heard excercising is good for hair growth also, stimulation:grin:
If so, due to what?
How do you style your hair daily? I usually have my hair pulled back in a pony tail.
How do you style your hair when exercising? In a loose pony tail.

I wash my hair 2x a week and Co wash my hair 2x a week. also. Due to im alway working out in the morning, I either wash or co wash and put some leave in conditoner in my hair, and ORS olive creme on the ends and place in a pony tail, for it to air dry. On the weekends I wash my hair and place a small amount of JOBA OIL/Mango shear butter on my scalp. While using the Cantu Oil Moisturizer on my hair and blow dry and flat iron. Then when finish I put more ORS Olive Oil Creme on the ends. Wrap it up with a scarf and get ready for the week.

How many times a week do you exercise?
I cycle to and from work for about 1-1 1/2hrs each day

Do you get any damage from exercising? If so, due to what?
No but my hair is drenched in sweat some days

How do you style your hair daily?
I am natural and wear a protective style under a headwrap. I apply a little coconut oil to my ends every other day. I rinse my hair midweek and wash and DC on a Sat or Sun

How do you style your hair when exercising?
I keep my hair in a protective style covered in a headwrap or sometimes without a headwrap.

I'm relaxed and I only wash once per week and rinse it out after every workout.

How many times a week do you exercise? 4-5 days a week
Do you get any damage from exercising? If so, due to what?
No
How do you style your hair daily? I wear a ponytail
How do you style your hair when exercising? Ponytail

Answers in red.

For those who exercise regularly:

How many times a week do you exercise? 4 days a week
Do you get any damage from exercising? No damage. If so, due to what? N/A
How do you style your hair daily? Wet bun.
How do you style your hair when exercising? I walk on my treadmill early in the morning so I usually have a conditioning baggy on my head while exercising.

Back