For those who are scarrred

brickhouse

If some of you may remember in March I switched from Affirm fiberguard no lye to fiberguard with lye and it went very successful. This is my second lye at 11 weeks and I decided to have her pull it through the ends. I am so happy my hair was not breaking no shedding
clap.gif
. She even had to admit. I was very surprise because my hair sheds like a dog in the winter. I could not believe no breakage or shedding. I told her to leave the lye on my ends for a few mins after she finished my relaxer and rinse. She wanted to apply it on when she first did my touch up but I said no to wait until she was finish and only leave on the ends for a few mins. My hair had so much body and appeared thicker. I went to work Friday and everybody was
shocked.gif
. People had to check for tracks and make sure my it was my hair and even white guys were coming up to me and telling me I was beautiful and to wear my hair like that everyday. Now you know it's going back in the phony pony in a couple of days. My co workers are threatening to snatch it off and throw it away.
laugh.gif
For those of you who are scared you want to make sure you hair is very healthy and strong before attempting this. Co washes are great. I am still a few inches from bra strap but I am at arm pit in the front. You will love the results in you have those no lye ends.
smile.gif

Hey You! remember me...your buddy
laugh.gif
I am happy to hear of your success
grin.gif
. I am too scurred to put any relaxer on my ends. Well, I am planning to switch from Affirm regular conditioning relaxer to Fiberguard sensitive scalp in 3 weeks. I thought I would give the affirm lye relaxer a chance, but I have a very sensitive scalp, so I am going back to "no-lye". I self relax, so I was viewing the sheldezz site and wondering if it's really necessary to purchase the fiberguard normalizing shampoo. I don't know if it would be detrimental to my hair if I use my current affirm normalizing shampoo from my lye relaxer (Sodium Hydroxide) instead of the shampoo listed with the no-lye (Guanidine hydroxide) fiberguard system
ohwell.gif
. I know I'm just being cheap. Any suggestions?
look.gif

Hey Vitality, I am still your hair buddy. I was scared to have her apply it to my ends but nothing happened. My hair just seem so much healthier. I will be pming you later this weekend.

Thanks Patrice because it is scary enough going from no lye to lye and it is down right terrifying putting that lye on your ends. Everybody that saw my hair wanted to check for weave and my 4 yr old neice told me today to take off my wig so she could see my hair but I wasn't wearing a wig
laugh.gif

Back