FOR THOSE THAT TAKE FISH OIL...DOES IT MAKE YOU SMELL FISHY DOWN THERE?

lunabelle

Hello, ladies. I recently read that one of the many benefits of fish oil supplements was softer, stronger hair. I'm interested in taking these for health and beauty benefits, but I am concerned if the smell will begin to leak through my pores and I definitely don't want it changing my smell down there:nono:. Any ladies have this problem? And for those that do take fish oil have you seen any real changes in your hair?

:lachen:Good, cuz no woman wants to smell fishy down there. Did you guys see any benefits?

I'm not taking it for hair, taking it for overall health/to provide EFA's, so no, I can't say that I have noticed anything.

What's it supposed to do for your hair? :lol:

I got the burps to and I cant stand the taste so I have to find something to mix it with to take. But whew!!!! Thanks goodness for no other side effects!

I find if you take it in the MIDDLE of a meal, it's about the best. If you take it at the end, you'll be burping up dinner AND fish :nono:, and if you take it at the start, you'll be burping fish during your meal :nono: but in the middle - not enough time to interupt the meal, enough food left to cover the burps. :yep:

I usually only pull that off at lunchtime. :lol:

Thank you, Iluvs!!! :lol: Just being me, ya know?

I don't have the fishy burps. No smell in the vjj area either. I take it for over all health, so if it's doing anything for my hair, it's an added bonus:yep:.

I had no reactions at all! No fishy burps, nothing down there either. I take the GNC brand and it has lemon extracts to counteract the fishiness. So I never had one of those fishy burps, thank goodness cuz that would be embarassing.

Flaxseed Oil and Omega 3 are for cardiovascular health. The added benefit is more moisture in the skin and hair.

I burp fish all day, so just decided to start eating tuna for lunch. Might as well eat fish if I'm gonna burp it :lachen:

i'm very concerned about these fish burps. do they taste tuna-fishy, or pet fish in the tank fishy? because i have tuna for lunch and dinner EVERY DAY (for the past 4 months), and i want to know if i'll be smelling yummy (like tuna) or stank.

i'm very concerned about these fish burps. do they taste tuna-fishy, or pet fish in the tank fishy? because i have tuna for lunch and dinner EVERY DAY (for the past 4 months), and i want to know if i'll be smelling yummy (like tuna) or stank.

Tuna-fishy. Actually, sorta salmon-fishy, to me. :lol: It's not a nasty/bad thing at all, just quite unexpected when you haven't eaten fish in a week, ya know? :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:My stomach is cramping:lachen::lachen:at dinner or fish stank smell!!

i'm very concerned about these fish burps. do they taste tuna-fishy, or pet fish in the tank fishy? because i have tuna for lunch and dinner EVERY DAY (for the past 4 months), and i want to know if i'll be smelling yummy (like tuna) or stank quote]
thanks for the replies ladies!!! you all are hilarious:lachen:. so, it looks like there are no real benefits to the hair, that's ok. Just being healthy is good enough for me.

I use "Omega Complex" by GNC.. It has a lemon flavor that I think masks the fishy burps.
I'm actually allergic to seafood and this is the only fish oil supplement that I was stomach.
I love it!
Also, I've never had a fishy burp or complaints of a fishy smell down south :-)

I use to get the fishy burps when I used Nature Own or GNC. My doctor schooled me on fish oil. I now only use the "pharmacutical grade" fish oil my Nordic Naturals. I get them from Whole Foods and they cost way more but one of my pills = 4 off brand pills. No more fishy anything.

This thread is so funny. Ok ladies, I want to tell you about the brand of fish oil that I use. It's called Udo's 3-6-9. It's a blend of Omega 3-6-9. For any fish oil, you can safely take 1TBS per 50 lbs of body weight. I take two tablespoons a day and I have NEVER had a fish burp. Why? This brand is NOT made from fish. The EFAs are plant derived! So it has a nutty flavor. I buy the liquid form, because your body absorbs more of it in this form. I take it without a chaser...the taste is pretty good! No nasty lemon overkill necessary. I know I sound like a commercial, but this stuff is great!

I buy mine in the refrigerated section of The Vitamin Shoppe. This brand is very popular with body builders and I first heard about it on a weight lifting board. Here is a link to the website:
http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend_en.htm

I use to get the fishy burps when I used Nature Own or GNC. My doctor schooled me on fish oil. I now only use the "pharmacutical grade" fish oil my Nordic Naturals. I get them from Whole Foods and they cost way more but one of my pills = 4 off brand pills. No more fishy anything.

I used Nordic Naturals before finding Udo's Choice blend. Their fish oil was great, but the heavy lemon flavoring was sickening!

I take Cod Liver Oil and an Omega 3 pills for my acne (its works wonders by the way). I never get fish burps with the oil but sometimes with the pills. I just take it when I first start eating and I don't have that problem. No fishy smell anywhere else

This thread is so funny. Ok ladies, I want to tell you about the brand of fish oil that I use. It's called Udo's 3-6-9. It's a blend of Omega 3-6-9. For any fish oil, you can safely take 1TBS per 50 lbs of body weight. I take two tablespoons a day and I have NEVER had a fish burp. Why? This brand is NOT made from fish. The EFAs are plant derived! So it has a nutty flavor. I buy the liquid form, because your body absorbs more of it in this form. I take it without a chaser...the taste is pretty good! No nasty lemon overkill necessary. I know I sound like a commercial, but this stuff is great!

I buy mine in the refrigerated section of The Vitamin Shoppe. This brand is very popular with body builders and I first heard about it on a weight lifting board. Here is a link to the website:
http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend_en.htm

Co-signing on the Udo's Choice oil. It has the optimum balance of essential fatty acids (3,6 & 9). I have used it in place of butter on toast and also over popcorn.

I didn't have fishy burps or breath, and my va-jj was fine as far as that....no fishy smell there!!! BUT I did lower my dosage from 3 pills per day to 1 b/c those oily stools are NOT the bee's knees! AT ALL!

I take the coated pills that don't release till they're past your stomach- so no fish burps. Any one else take these? My mom gave me the cod liver oil since I was about 2 and no fishy smells anywhere either.

Back