For those that cut their hair (not trimmed) due to damage etc. regrets?

I cut more than 2 inches off about a month ago due to my 2nd BKT treatment.. the 2nd one I used was expired so it damaged my hair.. I kept trying to grow it out but the ends were basically relaxed.. I went from past APL to CBL but I'm ok now.. It's growing back healthier and it's alot thicker.. I was mad that my puff was super short though lol

I cut my hair from BSL to SL and at times I do regret it but I also realize that the reason why I cut it is due to frail see through ends and they were not thickening up at all, so cutting it off was a last resort.
I recently cut off all of my relaxed hair and now I have a twa, I don't regret that cut (chop) because I felt like it was time to start over with my hair, and now my journey has began as a natural !

I am anal about my hair looking uniform, so when I had a mishap at the dominican salon a few years back, there was no way I could have super curly natural hair and hold on to ends that were burnt straight. It looked like I was transitioning form a bone straight relaxer :nono: Not cute. When my hair is damaged beyond repair I go straight for the scissors instead of trying to baby and devote precious time and products to damaged hair that is going to eventually cut off anyway

No I don't regret it at all. I started my journey last year, I started at shoulder lenght, and I made it past BSL by the begining of this year and I just cut my hair last week. My hair was so damaged that I didn't even notice it was that long until I saw it on the floor at the salon. My hair was frizzed, split, bleached, and uneven. I had over 5 inches cut off and it was layered. I'm two inches past shoulder length now and my hair looks and feels great. I'm loving my hair more than ever now, because of how healthy it looks. I think I'll get my legnth back in no time.

I just BC'd to 2.5 inches while I was on Holiday in Thailand and I do not regret it one bit. My ends were fugged up. I do not know what I was thinking walking around with those trashed up ends. I tried to convince DH to do it but he was scared of the comeback so a local Thai hairdresser did it for $5. She did a great job of cutting off my SL relaxed ends and then some further damage down to 2.5 inches of natural hair.

Looking forward to starting this journey again good and proper.... :yep:

Back