For those of you who use natural shampoos

Very interesting diva...thanks for sharing. I just started using a natural shampoo about a month or so ago that is soap based...and I always follow up with an acv rinse.
smile.gif

My natural shampoo has shea butter and I haven't had any problems. Of course, I alternate unintentionally because the beautician uses her own shampoo when I go there.

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
Very interesting diva...thanks for sharing. I just started using a natural shampoo about a month or so ago that is soap based...and I always follow up with an acv rinse.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I've been using natural shampoos for a while now and I guess the ACV is why I hadn't noticed any bad effects. Very interesting article!
shocked.gif
Thanks for sharing.

You know that is so true? I just thought maybe since it was supposed to be natural, I just got a bad batch. My hair felt sooo tangly, I just rewashed with my CON and called it a day.
ohwell.gif

I made my own shampoo for about a year and never ever had any problems with dryness. The thing is that with any shampoo natural or otherwise, there has to be humectant ingredients added to the soap base. In my case I added, honey, olive oil, plus other essential oils to the castile base. Marie Longhairs is a very good product. What she fails to tell you is that you can in fact make your own products just as good as her own. After all she is in business to make money. And if the consumer does not investigate she makes a ton of money off of them.

[ QUOTE ]
Edie said:
I made my own shampoo for about a year and never ever had any problems with dryness. The thing is that with any shampoo natural or otherwise, there has to be humectant ingredients added to the soap base. In my case I added, honey, olive oil, plus other essential oils to the castile base. Marie Longhairs is a very good product. What she fails to tell you is that you can in fact make your own products just as good as her own. After all she is in business to make money. And if the consumer does not investigate she makes a ton of money off of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree....humectants added in proper proportions to natural shampoos offset the alkalinity of the soap base..I never had a problem with any of Aubrey's shampoos...
smile.gif

Edie, do you have a recipe for your shampoo that you can share? I'm trying to stay away from shampoos that contain sulfates. I've tried two sulfate-free shampoos (Kiss My Face and Paves) and they both leave my hair with a sort of stripped feeling.

Jason Natural Sea Kelp Shampoo has a PH of 4.5. I just started using it and I really like. It has excellent ingredients as well.

[ QUOTE ]
LiLi said:
Jason Natural Sea Kelp Shampoo has a PH of 4.5. I just started using it and I really like. It has excellent ingredients as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know it has a ph of 4.5? I purchased a bottle and I can't find it anywhere. I am very excited about this shampoo and looks like I will be adding some humectants to it soon.

Back