? For those of you that air dry and are relaxed...

Babychoc

do you straighten your hair with a blow dryer and/or flat iron a few days before you relax, or do you just apply the relaxer on hair that was air dried
confused.gif
? Thanks in advance.

On the hair that is air dried. I never use the blow dryer. I think if you straighten before you relax you may overlap your relaxer (may not be able to distinguish your new growth from relaxed).

I used to blow dry to make it easier for my stylist to deal with but I think I will stop doing that. I was afraid he wouldn't be as gentle as I am in untangling but he's a professional and can handle it.

<font color="purple">When I do my own relaxer touchups, it is always best to use on hair that's been air dried. I never use a blow dryer to my hair before relaxing. And even if you washed your hair prior to relaxing, you should wait a day or 2. Toodles </font>

I blow dry because my stylist rips through my hair and it makes the combing process easier. (I don't kno why they need to comb the length).

I also like a clear distinction btw the new growth and the relaxed hair - when I airdry the difference is not as noticeable because I have my hair slightly underprocessed. If that makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
On the hair that is air dried. I never use the blow dryer. I think if you straighten before you relax you may overlap your relaxer (may not be able to distinguish your new growth from relaxed).

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa22 said:
Apply it on the airdried hair, that hasn't been washed for a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.
smile.gif

I will wash may hair a week before I get a relaxer and blowdry it. By the end of the week my new growth will have shrunk up, but it will be very easy to comb through it. If I don't do this I lose a lot of hair trying to comb through my newgrowth.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa22 said:
Apply it on the airdried hair, that hasn't been washed for a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
ME TOO.
smile.gif

Same here.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all of the replies everyone! No wonder my last relaxer came out over processed
ohwell.gif
. Looks like I'll be applying to my air dried hair tonight
smile.gif
!

I apply the relaxer on my hair no matter how I wore it the days before (straight, in a bun, etc).

Babychic I always lightly flatiron my hair a few days before my retouch. It helps my stylist a lot when she's parting my hair to get to the newgrowth.

pooh123

Back