For the NON DIY...?

Esq.2B

Oops, I meant to say NON-DIY's? (I don't know how to edit the title).

I went to the Dominican beauty salon today to get a relaxer touch up.

Before I went, I coated my ends with oil and conditioner to try to prevent any overlapping.

When I arrived, I she said, "your hair is wet." I explained to her that it was only the ends, not the roots. She proceeded to relax.

When she washed it, I explained to her that I wanted her to use the reconstructor (and I'd go under the dryer) and then my ORS Replenishing (then I'd go under the dryer with that too).

She told me that it would be an extra $2 for each dryer session and after she put on the ORS, she said in a funny but sarcastic way "is there anything else you want me to do?"

Then before she rolled it, I handed her two leave-ins to use. When she said "both?" I felt bad so I put one away back into my bag.

I felt kind of bad because I didn't want to be a nuisuance, but it's my hair and I feel like if I don't take care of it, no one will.

Does anyone else take their own products to the salon?

If so, how many products do you take and what have been your experiences?

Do the beauticians act like they're bothered by it at all?

And do they charge for dryer time with YOUR OWN conditioner?

I just want to start by saying that I have never been to a Dominican salon, but:

Yes, I have. Conditioners, Sulfur 8 Shampoo, scalp oil and Affirm relaxer- not all at once, but at 1 time or another.

I've taken two at the most, my stylist had no problem and didn't act funny about using them the way I wanted them used.

No, not at all.

No, that's the first time I have EVER heard of that one. I think she was just trying to be catty for charging you for that.

Yeah, that dryer thing has me a little concerned. They do that everytime I bring my own DC though. Because they rather charge me for the $5 DC that they have.

Thing is, I'm saving them money by not using their products so I don't understand why they want to charge me for the heat. I feel like it's double dipping. I figure, if I bring my own product, we're breaking even.

im a DIY but i still wanted to reply.:grin:

I did it all the time when I went to the salon.

I would only take my conditioner because they would charge extra if I use theirs and I liked mine better anyway.

No they werent really bothered. except the one time I let her put some emergencee in my hair and i sat under the dryer with it without a cap. i got that tip from a member here. so it dried hard and she said oh thats not how u were supposed to do it. it was then i knew i couldnt keep going there. i like to do my hair as i please. i like to my pre poos and fix my conditioner up however i like.

the dominican salon i went to did.:ohwell: which i thought was dumb. going to them was one of the worst hair mistakes i ever made. :nono:

Oops, I meant to say NON-DIY's? (I don't know how to edit the title).

I went to the Dominican beauty salon today to get a relaxer touch up.

Before I went, I coated my ends with oil and conditioner to try to prevent any overlapping.

When I arrived, I she said, "your hair is wet." I explained to her that it was only the ends, not the roots. She proceeded to relax.

When she washed it, I explained to her that I wanted her to use the reconstructor (and I'd go under the dryer) and then my ORS Replenishing (then I'd go under the dryer with that too).

She told me that it would be an extra $2 for each dryer session and after she put on the ORS, she said in a funny but sarcastic way "is there anything else you want me to do?"

Then before she rolled it, I handed her two leave-ins to use. When she said "both?" I felt bad so I put one away back into my bag.

I felt kind of bad because I didn't want to be a nuisuance, but it's my hair and I feel like if I don't take care of it, no one will.

EVERYTIME

I BRING MY OWN RELAXER, COLOR, POO, CON, AND LEAVE-IN OH AND PINS

NOPE

AT MY SALON ITS TWO DOLLARS TO SIT UNDER THE DRYER, I'VE NEVER TRIED MORE THAN ONCE ON THE SAME VISIT, SO I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THAT.

Back