For the naturals, or previous naturals... (kinna long)

Crissi

Are you/ or have you been natural to prove a point?

It may sound silly but im natural for more reasons than my personal choice, ive been natural all my life, and relaxing always comes into my head, yet i still feel the need to be natural especially since:

People think 4A/B hair can't grow, and if it does, it MUST be relaxed, therefore i want to grow that ish' as big and as long as hell (eventually between 18-21 inches), just to show people. yes it can grow.

Also ive noticed, (now this one might sound really silly) my SO have never seen a black girl with long 4a/b hair, women in his family either have broken off 4a/b hair or the longest shoulder legnth relaxed hair, and thats probably thin, and chewed out. Thats why he thinks black women with 4a/b hair doesn't grow because thats all he has been exposed to.

Another reasons is because (no offence to the lovely relaxed ladies), but i don't want to fall into the large catergory of women with relaxers, especially after i went on a english language trip. I wore my hair in a braid out and my male friends (who where white and indian) just kept saying "why do you wear a weave all the time?, you should wear it like that, it suits you, it looks good on you", funnily enough ive only heard that from one black man. Don't get me wrong i like straight hair, hence why, once i get to a certain legnth i will own a pair of straigtners and rollers.

This was a bit scatter brained, but does anyone else feel this way?

Crissi, x

I feel you girl. Before I had a relaxer for 2 years I had been natural all my life. Whilst relaxed it was quite long and I liked it, but I grew it out again as I wanted a change. Also I started getting jealous of little girls with cute afro styles:p
I don't have anything against people who relax their hair and dont preach against it, all my friends are relaxed bar one who lives in braids like I used to do. I just personally love my big fluffy fro and seeing the looks on some people's faces when Im rocking it:p

Im staying natural as for me personally I think it suits me. But yes in a sense its also 2 prove a point. Whilst *I* personally know that 4a/b hair can grow long with proper care like other hair types, those around me dont. I just want to spread the word and prove it :) Also because my ultimate goal is to have long canerows with my own hair only.

yeah I'm natural because i want to see how long it will grow. And i want long plaits with my own hair. to my sholuder's .And also kanerow's.I alway's cut my hair of when it get's to four and a half year's.i want to see how long it will get.Plus i don't want to be seen as another black woman runing after the straighter hair dream.Sorry all the relaxer sister's out there i mean no offence.

bettytoo said:
yeah I'm natural because i want to see how long it will grow. And i want long plaits with my own hair. to my sholuder's .And also kanerow's.I alway's cut my hair of when it get's to four and a half year's.i want to see how long it will get.Plus i don't want to be seen as another black woman runing after the straighter hair dream.Sorry all the relaxer sister's out there i mean no offence.

Yea, u kinna summed everything up in a paragraph :D

bettytoo said:

I agree with everything you said. :)

Back