FOR MY NATURALS::STYLIST PET PEEVES

kassieme

I have NOT been to the stylist in 3 years! For the first time I got the balls to go have a stylist manipulate my 3 years worth of nappy hair into some cornrow designs...But let me tell you why she will NEVER EVER wash my hair again! Untill she goes through the KassHair Tutorial...

Theres are my pet peeves

1. DIGGING YOUR GHETTO LONG @SS NAILS INTO MY SCALP DURING MY WASH SERVICE!!!
  2. SCRUBBING MY HAIR STRANDS
  3. USING TOO MUCH DIRECT HEAT FOR AN OVER EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME
  4. USING SHAMPOOO (((CRINGE)))
  5. USING ANY PRODUCTS I CAN GET AT WALMART (HINT MOTIONS)
  6. USING DAX, PINK LOTION OR ANY OTHER DISGUSTING STEREOTYPICAL BLACK HAIR PRODUCT THAT HAS NO BENEFIT
  7. TOO TIGHT SCALP BRAIDS, YOU DONT NEED TO GET MY BABY EDGES IN YOUR BRAIDING
  8. OVER PROCESSING FOR BONE STRAIGHT HAIR
  9. SCISSOR HAPPY

I would like to think Im not the only picky client with pet peeves PLZ post your pet peeves so I dont feel like Im a complete b!tch

I have NOT been to the stylist in 3 years! For the first time I got the balls to go have a stylist manipulate my 3 years worth of nappy hair into some cornrow designs...But let me tell you why she will NEVER EVER wash my hair again! Untill she goes through the KassHair Tutorial...

Theres are my pet peeves

1. DIGGING YOUR GHETTO LONG @SS NAILS INTO MY SCALP DURING MY WASH SERVICE!!!
  2. SCRUBBING MY HAIR STRANDS
  3. USING TOO MUCH DIRECT HEAT FOR AN OVER EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME
  4. USING SHAMPOOO (((CRINGE)))
  5. USING ANY PRODUCTS I CAN GET AT WALMART (HINT MOTIONS)
  6. USING DAX, PINK LOTION OR ANY OTHER DISGUSTING STEREOTYPICAL BLACK HAIR PRODUCT THAT HAS NO BENEFIT
  7. TOO TIGHT SCALP BRAIDS, YOU DONT NEED TO GET MY BABY EDGES IN YOUR BRAIDING
  8. OVER PROCESSING FOR BONE STRAIGHT HAIR
  9. SCISSOR HAPPY

I would like to think Im not the only picky client with pet peeves PLZ post your pet peeves so I dont feel like Im a complete b!tch

That's why they never see me at all.
Yeah you got some good ones adding.
1 Don't make me wait all day just to get service when I made an appointment

2 Stop telling me every 5 minutes I need a perm to manage my hair cause it would solve all my problems and bring about world peace or something. Come on son.

3 Don't complain about how much hair I have in front of me or while touching it and going whew you got so much hair. Then thy go back to the perm talk

4 stop asking me to cut it shorter and stop asking me to get a style. ( read here some ghettofied whacked lopsided mario tricoci style)
I just want it blunt or blunt U shaped, period.

I had a perm it didn't work for me and I happen to love my super thick curly curly hair.

Don't have me spend 5hrs in your salon after I made an appointment, and tell me that if I leave to do an errand (while I'm waiting for you) I'll lose my spot and will have to wait even longer. :rolleyes:
Don't put anything on my scalp without asking about its health and checking it first.
Don't rape my scalp while shampooing with the same nails you used to wash 15 people's heads before me.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

This is why it's been 4 years since I've been to a salon.

Some of my pet peeves:

Stylists who kept me waiting for more than 30 min after my scheduled appointment before they even started on my hair.

Washing & conditioning my hair, then leaving me sitting at the sink with wet hair while they go back to their chair to work on another customer. Don't double and triple book clients.

Leaving me sitting under the dryer after my hair is dry and the dryer turned off because again, they double or triple booked their clients.

Talking on the phone while they're doing my hair.

Pressure me to get an extra service, like a trim, when I don't want it.

This is why it's been 4 years since I've been to a salon.

Some of my pet peeves:

Stylists who kept me waiting for more than 30 min after my scheduled appointment before they even started on my hair.

Washing & conditioning my hair, then leaving me sitting at the sink with wet hair while they go back to their chair to work on another customer. Don't double and triple book clients.

Leaving me sitting under the dryer after my hair is dry and the dryer turned off because again, they double or triple booked their clients.

Talking on the phone while they're doing my hair.

Pressure me to get an extra service, like a trim, when I don't want it.

I HATE THE TALKING ON THE PHONE TOO!!!! I dont mind my stylist doing it because she has blue tooth so I barely notice but when they do neck 2 shoulder convo it irks me
:spinning:
NICE RENEE COX PHOTO BTW I L♥VE THAT LADY!!!!!

I haven't been to a stylist in the last 11 years. When I did go I went for seven years every two-weeks faithfully. My pet peeves are......

1). The gossip....it wouldn't be so bad if he/she knew how to multi-task. (Listen, talk & work on my head at the same time).

2). Don't ask your customers to bring you something back to eat from the local fish fry spot because they have been waiting so long that 3 meals of the day have passed.

3). Don't fluctuate on the price for the same style that I have been getting for the last year depending on what you have due for the month or if you are going out to the club that night.

4). Don't overlook my appt. based on some high roller guy who just walked in and wants a cut, beard trim and he may leave you a big tip.

5). Don't ask me to pay before being service so you can give the money to your kids and have them run and pay your cell phone bill or buy you some lunch.

6). Don't run out of products and then try and add water to the bottle/shake it and put it in my hair and then call it a deep conditioning.

7). This is a very old experience from back in the day: Don't be my beautician for 7 years and knowingly behind my back be sleeping with my man. shame on both of you!

wrapngo

What???? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I haven't been to a stylist in the last 11 years. When I did go I went for seven years every two-weeks faithfully. My pet peeves are......

1). The gossip....it wouldn't be so bad if he/she knew how to multi-task. (Listen, talk & work on my head at the same time).

2). Don't ask your customers to bring you something back to eat from the local fish fry spot because they have been waiting so long that 3 meals of the day have passed.

3). Don't fluctuate on the price for the same style that I have been getting for the last year depending on what you have due for the month or if you are going out to the club that night.

4). Don't overlook my appt. based on some high roller guy who just walked in and wants a cut, beard trim and he may leave you a big tip.

5). Don't ask me to pay before being service so you can give the money to your kids and have them run and pay your cell phone bill or buy you some lunch.

6). Don't run out of products and then try and add water to the bottle/shake it and put it in my hair and then call it a deep conditioning.

7). This is a very old experience from back in the day: Don't be my beautician for 7 years and knowingly behind my back be sleeping with my man. shame on both of you!

iHATE:

*When the stylist says that I need a perm to make my hair more "manageable".

*When the stylist does my hair and about 5 other people at the same time.

*When the stylist flat irons my hair more than 2 times (per section).

*When the stylist uses to much DIRECT HEAT.

*When I try to hair a conversation with the stylist about certain hair products and she has no clue what I am talking about. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

*When a stylist is detangling my hair rough, or with the wrong combs causing my hair to break for NO REASON.

I am sure that there is more because I can be so ANAL but that is it for now.

I used to hate:

1) Recommending a specific program...only to find on the next visit(s) that they forgot the program/couldn't afford the products or discontinued it without having a new path or clue.

2) Stopping all appointments to care for a family member cuz grandma can't be sitting there all day (like me a paying customer CAN?), so you do her hair THEN have to leave to take her home too? :nono:

3) Gossiping about other customers and your co-workers. Yes I knew more about her other customers than I should have.

4) Being moody - friendly one visit, can barely open your mouth on the next visit.

5) Asking to borrow money.

Asking you repeatedly if you have a perm because your hair is so straight when you do it yourself and then suggesting you get a perm after they wash it and it reverts back to its natural state because it's "too hard to manage". WTF! I can get it straight but you can't and you're the professional?
Also saying you specialize in natural hair care but all you know how to do is keep it fried, dyed and laid to the side!

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

Telling me I need a perm.

Perming bone straight & my hair looks like I just blow dried it the next day- no curls or body left.

The last few times I got a perm I pd over $100 & my hair was short, not even neck length. I won't be the fool again! I'm staying natural.

Inconsistent cuts- one side is longer & bangs to short.

1) snatching the comb through and ripping out my hair... knots n all :nono:
2) using alcohol based products (this dries up my hair and has me looking like a poodle)
3) over loading my hair with all kinds of products

-i think those are the ones that get me the most besides the already given too much heat, waiting and just plain unprofessionalism :ohwell:

Stop using the tiny comb to rake through my tight curls!!!

Stop talking about me in spanish

When i tell you my scalp is burning from being under the dryer and my hair is more then done , dont roll your eyes at me and start speaking spanish again.

Dont have my hair in a weird lopsided look with a comb in it and leave me alone for 10 min looking crazy

Back