For ladies who get the "silkener" at Brooklyn's Curve Salon . . .

Kitkat

First off - Happy New Year, everyone!:bdance:

Anyhoo, you can buy this line in the bss! I was there today (because what better place to spend New Year's Day?);) and this bss carried Mizani's Silkener line. I remember reading on this board and others that Curve used a Mizani product for this service. There were three products in the system - if there are more, I didn't see them. The entire line cost about $60, and I know that Curve charges somewhere near $200 or more. Get a friend to help you out and save some moolah! :lol:

I think Curve's "silkener" is not a brand but a technique or method.

Hair company reps lurk on these various hair boards so probably an astute Mizani rep suggested the renaming of an old product to cash in on the "silkener" rage.

To the company rep lurkers:

:weird: Bring back Soft Sheen/Carson/L'Oreal/?? Miss Cool 5-Minute Fast Set! You can call it whatever you want.

:cool:

sassygirl125 said:

:weird: Bring back Soft Sheen/Carson/L'Oreal/?? Miss Cool 5-Minute Fast Set! You can call it whatever you want.

I second that!!!!!!!!

I agree, also Curve the Salon uses Affirm relaxers.

I thought the same thing about a lurking company rep when I found out about Mizani's "silkener"...also from the pics, it doesn't look like this woman has a wash and go type "silkener" in the curly pics, it looks like it was defined with a curling iron. I don't like how there is not a lot of information about the product and it seems misleading to consumers because most people won't be able to get the results shown in the pictures or won't know how to go about getting those results.

This is what they say about it:
MIZANI's Silkening system is a textural system that gives you silky hair, great body and lots of style options. Enriched with Arginine Technology, the protein-building blocks for hair, this system texturizes your hair respectfully. :confused: (what does that mean? :lol: )

wn_silkening.jpg

SVT said:
I think Curve's "silkener" is not a brand but a technique or method.

Hair company reps lurk on these various hair boards so probably an astute Mizani rep suggested the renaming of an old product to cash in on the "silkener" rage.

what was so good about the miss cool product. (Feel like I might have missed something)

Anyone who tries this silkner by Mizani please give us a review.

sassygirl125 said:

Yes, yes, yes I love this stuff! I had banging rollersets in the 6th grade.

Back