For grease and or heavy pomade users what shampoo do you use?

chesleeb

Having a heard time trying to find a decent shampoo that will wash out my grease I have used ORS, Assie Mosit and countless others and nothing works. It seems like a film or residue is left in which my hair in which my hair will flare up and I will have to resort to a much stronger shampoo like Selsum Blue and I scalp will be fine. Let me just say I am not experiencing and loss of hair or shedding just my hair doesn't seem be getting clean.

I love grease and all my moisturizers are heavy (thick n creamy) I use Hair One and I have no issues with build up:)hth

Maybe try a clarifying shampoo.

ITA! V05 Kiwi lime and Vanilla mint clarifying poos work well to remove oils and grease from my hair. Although I have never used it, some folks swear by baking soda.

Question to the OP: Do you shampoo once or multiple times? When my hair is extra grimey, I shampoo 2 or 3 times.

Wen, or Deva-Curl No Poo...both get my hair squeaky clean, without stripping out all the moisture. If my hair is super dirty, then I use diluted clarifying conditioner (Very Rare).

I agree with Wen or at least a knockoff (which is what I use). Takes the grease right out and I apply grease AND heavy butters at LEAST 4x a week. No issues. If I feel I need some clarifying, I'll add a cpl teaspoons of baking soda to the conditioner in my hand then apply. No probs there either.

CON Argan Oil shampoo which is sulphate-free.
I lather up twice.
My hair likes heavy, thick products. As for grease I'm using Keracare Glossifier at the moment.

@DarkJoy just curious what is the knock off you use?
chesleeb, Lisa Rachel is the knock off I use. It's priced here between 8.99 and 10.99 depending what store. The smell isn't that great, but I don't care. It wears off esp if you use a DC after.

Screen-shot-2011-06-29-at-10.00.11-PM.png

Back