Florida Ladies!! Help!!!!

good2uuuu

Ok. I've been living here in FL all of one week (Ocala) and my hair SUX big time!!! It's frizzy and flat all at once. How can this be possible???? Help! What do you guys (naturals or even texturized) do to keep your hair looking lively? Also, can anyone rec. a good salon for me in this or the Orlando area for a good cut? I need my long layers back. I know that will help some. TIA!!!!

Well i'm relaxed and live in orlando. I know exactly what you mean by the heat gurl! Anywayz i go to a domi. salon in east orlando called stop salon. Its on the corner of Alafaya Trail and Colonial Dr. Ask for "Lillie"

I'm not familiar with the actual salon myself, but my mom lives close to Ocala and just picked up a flyer/card for a stylist in Ocala. The salon is called Salon 122 located at 122 S Magnolia Ave, Jennifer was the stylist and their number is 352-342-4212. HTH

Girl, welcome to hair hell! :laugh:

I'm relaxed but I wear my curls air dried and out most of the time (do an occasional rollerset here and there).

I have to be pretty heavy handed with the products to keep my hair under control. I infuse it with as much moisture as possible to keep it from asorbing it through the humidity and frizzing. I use regular conditioners as leave-ins (at the moment its Aveda Brilliant). Sometimes I'll add gel (Graham Webb) or sculpting lotion (Nexus) for extra control, but usually if my hair is smooth and moisturized enough than its not necessary (thanks Aveda!)

Don't worry, with time you'll adjust as you find the right hair regimine(sp?).

Back