Flexirod question

Bublin

I get such a bad nights sleep when i use magnetic rollers. I really want to try flexirods on dry hair but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to secure them. They slide right out of my hair.

I just had a thought that maybe i'm using ones that are too big for my collar length hair.

Any tips welcome.

They are "flexi" so you can roll your hair on the bottom half of the rod, all the way to your scalp, and then bend the top part like a candy cane to secure it. That's it! :grin:

ETA: I wouldn't recommend sleeping in flexirods either :nono:. With a head full of them, I can barely fit under my dryer, let alone attempt to rest my head to sleep.:ohwell:

^^^^You know what - i have been trying to use them like normal rollers and they just fall out. I wonder if doing it that way is too much weight. I want a roller set look but not with hard rollers. Pin curls get flattened over night and are not tight enough

Last edited:
ETA: I wouldn't recommend sleeping in flexirods either :nono:. With a head full of them, I can barely fit under my dryer, let alone attempt to rest my head to sleep.:ohwell:

Oh - i thought they would be better than hard rollers.

^^^^You what - i have been trying to use them like normal rollers and they just fall out. I wonder if doing it that way is too much weight. I want to roller set look but not with hard rollers. Pin curls get flattened over night and are not tight enough

Hmm, I see... so you would want to use larger rods (my largest are burgundy) flexirods and roll horizontally to get a look like a traditional roller. To do this, try rolling your hair like a regular roller all the way to the scalp until it's laying tightly against your scalp, and then bend the rod at both ends to secure. The shape you make is kind of like a used staple, if that makes sense.

Oh - i thought they would be better than hard rollers.

Well they would be slightly softer than the hard rollers, but I think they'd be very awkward to sleep in. Though if you roll horizontally, you wouldn't have rods sticking out every which way, so it might be marginally more comfortable.

I use the purple ones to sleep in (occassionally). I only use about 5 or 6 of them, bug sections of hair and can usually sleep well. I twist the hair around the flexirod, then bend it so that it does not come out. Sometimes I have to readjust once I lay down if there is one in an awkward position or if I've rolled too tightly. Wake up = soft curls.

I use the purple ones to sleep in (occassionally). I only use about 5 or 6 of them, bug sections of hair and can usually sleep well. I twist the hair around the flexirod, then bend it so that it does not come out. Sometimes I have to readjust once I lay down if there is one in an awkward position or if I've rolled too tightly. Wake up = soft curls.

Do you use any type of setting lotion to dry set your hair?

Back