• Health Benefits only

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Didn't like it

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Platinum

I've noticed that a lot of sistas here are taking Flaxseed and Fish Oil. What are the benefits of these suppliments? (as far as hair care goes) If I get enough positive feedback I may order them.

I believe someone posted a thread about this but I can't find it.

I take the Flaxseed Capsules in which they have Omega 3 in them. I forgot the exact benefits of it but in general Omega 3 is beneficial not only to your hair but your overall health. Omega 3 can be found it fish as well such as Salmon...I have a friend who's a nurse so I get the low down on all that is good for you and what you need. :yep:

flaxseed oil and fish oil makes your hair very shiny and moisturized. The omega 3's in those oils are important for healthy hair. But only the new growth coming in will get the benefits of the oils, because hair is dead. So give it about 6 months so you can see a difference.

Yeah, I take flaxseed oil. It makes my hair (new growth) very soft, moist and manageable. It lubricates from the inside out.

I just take flax seed because my mom bought two LARGE bottle that she never used. so i took em so they wouldn't be wasted :lachen:

I take Cod Liver Oil capsules for overall health. I really don't like eating fish, and it provides me with plenty of Omega3s. I'm not sure if my hair benefits from me taking it, but my skin definitely has.

From Bargello's Regimen:

Evening Primrose: There is so much to say about this essential fatty acid. It contains Omega-6 Fatty Acid (Gamma-Linolenic Acid). This is a good Omega-6 Fatty Acid. It has several benefits of which I will only name a few. Some of the benefits are reducing PMS, clearing up eczema, helping your skin glow, minimize fine wrinkles, reduce cholesterol, help with your metabolism, and cure hair and nail problems. It helps nourish straw-like hair. You really only need 480-960 mg of GLA to reap wonderful benefits. I personally take 500mg/day. You should see results with Evening Primrose as early as 2 weeks of daily consumption. Your scalp should feel less dry and the hair growing in should feel softer and more nourished.

Flaxseed Oil: Now flaxseed Oil is wonderful in the sense that it contains both Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega-3 Fatty Acid) and Gamma-Linolenic Acid (Omega-6 Fatty Acid). Omega-3 is very important in our bodies too. We need both to help maintain a healthy body. Omega-3 has been know the help ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder). It is also essential for healthy hair, skin, and nails. It helps hair in the same way Omega-6 does. Why take both? Because the cells of the body need both to work properly. Our bodies do not make either of the Fatty Acids, we must supplement. Taking both will help the cells of the body work more efficiently and in return help growth of hair as well as health of hair and body. I take 500mg/day. I really don't think you need more than that, but experiment. You might find your body does need more.

I take both of those. :yep:

I take flaxseed oil, I like it because it keeps my skin moisturized, my new growth comes in soft too.

I started taking it b/c it's supposed to help w/ dandruff and dry/tight scalp. It takes a while to work though - it's been 3 mo. and I am starting to see results.

I eat flaxseed meal for overall health and fiber; you can't get the fiber from the oil, and it's hard to get from the whole seeds. I take fish oil for overall health. Good overall health results in glowing skin and beautiful hair.

you would recommend the meal versus oils or vitamins?
I eat flaxseed meal for overall health and fiber; you can't get the fiber from the oil, and it's hard to get from the whole seeds. I take fish oil for overall health. Good overall health results in glowing skin and beautiful hair.

Back