Flax Seed Gel?

Black Hoya Chick

You all ever try it. I made some today and am currently plopping my hair with it in. I'll let you all know how it turns out. But...any of you try it?

I used flax seeds, honey, and lavender oil.

Yep, tried it for the first time in 2009. Tried it again in 2010 and my hair still didn't like it. Used it mixed with shealoe and my hair still didn't care for it...

I absolutely love it on my daughters' natural hair!! One time I even used it after taking down one of my daughter's 2 strand twists rather then before. They were almost a week old and fuzzy if you know what I mean. As I took each one out I put flaxseed gel on them and when I was all down her curls were popping and looked soooo shiny and moisturized. The next time I do it I will post some pics so ya'll can see. I haven't tried it on my transitioning hair but plan too. I LOOOOVE Flaxseed Gel!!

It was like..INSTANT frizz reduction and definition. And I PILED IT ON. No hardness or anything. My hair is soft, but held in place. I looked up info and found that adding honey helps with hold, that's why I added it. I am in love. Now I have this $20+ gel I am gonna try and sell cuz I hate to waste money, but there is no going back.

allmundjoi

I used:
1/2 cup of flax seeds
2 cups of water
1 tsp honey (added after boiling/straining the seeds)
multiple drops (didn't count) of lavender oil (added after boiling/straining the seeds)

- I boiled them for about 8-10 minutes

- I did this twice so that I could fill up an 8 oz squeeze bottle. I wanted mine kind of thick, as close to a gel texture as I could get it, hence the amount of seeds and the honey.

- I beat everything together before pouring it into the bottle.

I LOVE how it turned out.

I just made my second one yesterday and i love it. this time i added aloe vera gel in it and it made it thick. I got my flax seed from whole food. I think it is $1.99/lb

@ms-gg Was it an issue of no hold?
Nope. It made my hair feel like straw :ohwell:. I haven't given up on it yet though because I believe that it could be beneficial if I used a small percentage of it (say 20-30%) mixed with a good moisturizing product.

Can you explain what you meant by you did it twice? Also what do you mean by you beat everything together :huh:

allmundjoi

I used:
1/2 cup of flax seeds
2 cups of water
1 tsp honey (added after boiling/straining the seeds)
multiple drops (didn't count) of lavender oil (added after boiling/straining the seeds)

- I boiled them for about 8-10 minutes

- I did this twice so that I could fill up an 8 oz squeeze bottle. I wanted mine kind of thick, as close to a gel texture as I could get it, hence the amount of seeds and the honey.

- I beat everything together before pouring it into the bottle.

I LOVE how it turned out.

It was like..INSTANT frizz reduction and definition. And I PILED IT ON. No hardness or anything. My hair is soft, but held in place. I looked up info and found that adding honey helps with hold, that's why I added it. I am in love. Now I have this $20+ gel I am gonna try and sell cuz I hate to waste money, but there is no going back.

pictuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrresss !!!!! :spinning:

larieal I mean I make the mix twice. I did the whole recipe 2 times because that recipe will only get you about 4 oz of the gel.

As for beating everything, after I strained the gel, I added the oil and honey. The honey is pretty solid/thick, so I had to beat it with the gel and oil in order to get a smooth mix.

I hope that all made sense..

Back