Flat irons

Brwnbeauti

Does the quality of the flat iron you use affect your hair? I was in tjmaxx and they had 70 buck chis... I had to talk myself down. Also does the quality of the flat iron affect the look of the style you do with the flat iron. My hubby loves curls so I'm sure if I say purchasing the flat iron may increase my curl wear he will purchase.

CafedeBelleza - This was my quote in the thread Nonie provided:
"I've used mine (Solia) for about 2 years. I still like it, but I've started using the Andis tourmaline with the curved edge because it makes great flips and curls."

IMO, you have a great question but it's also hard to answer because so many factors play into how your hairstyle will look (making sure your hair is well-conditioned, heat protectant usage, flat iron temperature, technique, etc.).

That said, you can't go wrong with either tourmaline, ceramic, titanium. I've used a $15 Andis and $100 Chi with the same great results. Look for floating plates or a curved edge if you want to make curls. This is the one I use and I still love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Andis-66040-C...8&qid=1351573306&sr=8-3&keywords=andis+curved

Hopefully other ladies will chime in. Good luck!

Thanks Nonie!

I have several, a FHI, Chi(it died), Maxi and Miniglide, and my beloved of all, Babyliss Pro Titanium. Wouldn't trade that one for anything!

^^^ditto- my babyliss pro is a beast. i take such good care of her, it's ridiculous. it's thin, lightweight (the cord is like a mile long), it's better than any other flat iron i have owned. i purchased mine off of amazon back in september.

Im selling my FHI platform flat iron for $70. Bought it about a year ago on folica and rarely used it. I mainly rollerset and airdry. Includes original box, manual and heat map. If interested please pm me.

Thanks

Back