Flat Irons

So I was at Sally's yesterday and I seen this tourmaline flat iron for $49.99, I read the box and it said it heats up to 450 degrees. So I started comparing it to th FHI, I think FHI heats up to 410 degrees. I was wondering if I should by the flat iron at Sallys or invest in an FHI, I mean isn't it the same thing, whats so special about the FHI that it costs over $100?

i bought a gvp from sallys which is suppose to be equivalent to the chi and it works GREAT for me and half the price. i think you should give it a try and just save your receipt in case you want to return it.

I need to invest in a good flat iron as well. I really want the FHI, but think I will purchase Sallys GVP version first and depending on how I like it, upgrade from there.

Last edited:
The FHI heats up to 450 degrees. I personally think the higher priced flat irons are a better investment. I have both the FHI platform and the Sedu; I love them both. I used to have this ceramic tourmaline jilbere flatiron that I purchased from Sally's for around 50 to 60 bucks at the time and I noticed a huge difference. It wouldn't make my hair as smooth and flow as nicely as my higher quality irons.

I'd like to know, too. I only straighten my hair once or twice a year, and I can't tell if I'm really bad at it or if the cheapie flat iron that I use is the cause. Come to think of it, I also blame my stove for the fact that I can't cook so it's probably more about my lack of skills than anything else.

I'd like to know, too. I only straighten my hair once or twice a year, and I can't tell if I'm really bad at it or if the cheapie flat iron that I use is the cause. Come to think of it, I also blame my stove for the fact that I can't cook so it's probably more about my lack of skills than anything else.

LMAO at the bolded!!!:grin:

To answer to OP's question... i'd wait to make an investment in a higher priced flat iron. I use the original sedu flat iron. i've had it for years and it consistently performs well. It only goes to 410 degrees, however i never use it that high, i use around 340-360 degress and it works well. I purchased a value priced tourmaline flat iron for $30 and it heats to 410 as well, the plates appear identical, but the results are VEry different. i use the cheaper one for travel and work now.

Plus, i think you'll always wonder how the expensive iron works if you get a cheaper flat iron. So i say, wait and invest in a machine that you know will work.

Back