flat ironing the roots

sunshinebeautiful

I know some of you ladies rollerset then just flat iron the roots during a long stretch. I need some guidance as to how:

1. you get the flat iron so close to the root without burning your scalp - ouch
2. do you avoid reversion? my roots are ALWAYS the first to start reverting.

Good question i need to know the same thing, im almost 8 weeks post and need some help!

Girl, I call myself stretching for the first time ever. This is week 10 for me. I can't keep my hands out of my new growth, it's so soft, but want it to stay straight and reversion-free. SOS!!!!

I've never flat ironed my roots. Air drying with a silk or satin scarf tightly tied on my wet hair "irons" out the roots very nicely. :yep:
This would also work under a dryer if you use one.

i've been stretching since october and i always rollerset and flat iron the roots.
i use the 1inch flat iron and only flat iron about one or 1 and a half inch or new growth. i never burn my scalp because the setting isnt that high and i dont leave the flat iron on to long so even if it did touch my scalp it would only be for a second. i hope this helps as its been working for me.

i've been stretching since october and i always rollerset and flat iron the roots.
i use the 1inch flat iron and only flat iron about one or 1 and a half inch or new growth. i never burn my scalp because the setting isnt that high and i dont leave the flat iron on to long so even if it did touch my scalp it would only be for a second. i hope this helps as its been working for me.

this is exactly what I do starting at week 1 (so my hair flows properly at the root). But after week 10, I find it a bit of a chore to flat iron the new growth, so I just ps until next touch up.

I never figured out how to pull off a decent rollerset while keeping a scarf on the roots. Maybe my hair isn't long enough?

Yes! I was just about to make a thread about this!!!

I need help with the reverting. I will flat iron my roots and they will look great for about 30 mins. I don't get it. They will revert before I have even left the house !! There has to be a product/method to hold them down for longer than 30mins :wallbash:

Yes! I was just about to make a thread about this!!!

I need help with the reverting. I will flat iron my roots and they will look great for about 30 mins. I don't get it. They will revert before I have even left the house !! There has to be a product/method to hold them down for longer than 30mins :wallbash:

OH yes...there is! Sabino Moisture block....:yep:

I just started doing this a few months ago, to get me through my second 6-month stretch. I followed Sylver's fotki tutorial. I documented my stretch, check it out in my fotki.

• I prepoo, DC, finish with a Dominican rinse or porosity control rinse.
  • Leave-Ins: either Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21, or Giovanni Direct.
  • Lately I have incorporated anti frizz serums for the humid spring weather.
  • I airdry to about 80% with the scarf (sometimes under the dryer on meduim, to speed things up).
  • Then I lightly blowdry in small sections, on cool.
  • At this point, I follow Sylver's method, with MaxiGlide.
  • I apply a bit of Nexxus Protexx and Chi Silk Infusium when I flat iron.

I just started doing this a few months ago, to get me through my second 6-month stretch. I followed Sylver's fotki tutorial. I documented my stretch, check it out in my fotki.
  • I prepoo, DC, finish with a Dominican rinse or porosity control rinse.
  • Leave-Ins: either Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21, or Giovanni Direct.
  • Lately I have incorporated anti frizz serums for the humid spring weather.
  • I airdry to about 80% with the scarf (sometimes under the dryer on meduim, to speed things up).
  • Then I lightly blowdry in small sections, on cool.
  • At this point, I follow Sylver's method, with MaxiGlide.
  • I apply a bit of Nexxus Protexx and Chi Silk Infusium when I flat iron.

Hmmmm.... I might have to try this.

Do you any product when you flat iron?

Back