Flat Ironing damp hair with babyliss ceramic?

ctosha

Good Morning all, I have read the threads pertaining to flat ironing damp hair. I have tried to flat iron my natural hair when completely air dried in twists but 2 days later my ends started to chip off in little bits nothing major, but I think it was due to not enough moisture on the ends. I only used leave in and oyin burnt sugar no heat protectant. My hair is fine but this time I have revamped my routine hopefully to get good results. Here is the plan for tommrow. I do the usual wash with creme of nature shampoo (old formula) condition with CON conditioner (old purple label) then after apply leave in which for me is jessicurl weekly deep treat and add a tiny bit of JBCO to the hair let it air dry in twists. Yes I know oil is a no no but I do need just a dab b/c i have thick natural hair that tends to get dry. When my hair is about 80 to 90 percent dry i will use add bit of fantasia ic heat protectant on each section and go for it. This will be the first time in life using a heat protectant its been all about good hair practises since i went natural almost 2 years ago. Now I would just like to know has anyone tried flat ironing natural thick hair with the babybliss flat iron? The model I have is white plated ceramic the model number is bab2558c and 2559c (only difference is the size). When I was permed back when i have had good success with this iron with no little breakage no adverse affects. Hopefully more expericed ladies will chime in. I plan on attempting this tommrow as Sundays are my wash days. Oh yes and also is there such thing as using too much heat protectant on the hair and ends? What do you ladies use the babyliss flat iron temp at with thick hair I haven't used it in a while but I do know they heat up fast.

Back