Flat-Iron regime help.

Vinyl

I could use a little help here. I want to start shampooing/condition every two weeks, then flat-ironing with Maxiglide. Where does the hot oil treatment, clarifying shampoo, deep cond. (I'm using a heat cap. w. kenra) and leave-in cond. (biolage) fit in here?

I want to wear my hair straight all two weeks.

Thanks for any help!

Ok, as much as I want to ask why you're waiting 2 weeks to wash, I won't b/c I know that everyone's hair is different ( I LOOOOVE to wash!!) :look:

So here's my take on your routine:

1. Oil pre-poo
2. Clarifying (although I wouldn't clarify every wash; I only do it once a month, but that's ME)
3. Deep con
4. Leave-in
5. Heat Protectant!!
6. Style

I'm waiting two weeks because I want to maintain the straight style without using heat too often. =)

I forgot to mention I was natural. Though if it's safe to do it once every week, I could do that instead.

I agree with artemis_e routine.

I didn't check your hair type. Hair types make a difference when you wanting to use heat weekly or bi-weekly. I pressed then later on I started flat ironing my natural hair for about 4 years and never got past my shoulders. I did it weekly and my 4a4b hair broke alot and was thin. I had to use alot of heat to get my hair straight and the results were disasterous. Than was pre LHCF.

Now my hair is texlaxed and I use minimal heat and it's working very well for me. I've only been on this site about 9 months and I realized the heat wasn't working even with a ceramic flat iron. I broke down and relaxed my hair but kept up with the moisture/protien balance and I have had no problems. I also stretch my relaxers to 12 weeks. My hair is growing and I am maintaing all of my hair.

Weekly I was using thermasilk because it has a heat protectant in it and Lekair cholesterol mixed together to deep conditioning. I used a pressing cream right after deep conditioning to help maintain the straight style and a thermal spray to protect my hair further. The blow dryer is what really caused the major breakage, so I began to plait my hair an allow to dry almost completely to avoid excessive manipulation with a paddle brush and hot air.

Ultimately it seems the women on this board all achieved great lengths by reducing the amount of heat (temperature and/or frequency). I hope you find a regimen that works for you.

Last edited:
I'm natural too. I would suggest roller setting before you flat iron. Divastyle suggested that to me, and the quality of my hair has improved greatly. It feels so much healthier. Otherwise, I found the only way to get straight would be to use a higher setting with the flat iron which got it straighter, but more prone to breakage at the ends.

I'm natural too. I would suggest roller setting before you flat iron. Divastyle suggested that to me, and the quality of my hair has improved greatly. It feels so much healthier. Otherwise, I found the only way to get straight would be to use a higher setting with the flat iron which got it straighter, but more prone to breakage at the ends.

Awwhhhh!:bighug:I'm so glad that it helped you! I was just about to recommend it to the OP.

My journal has my regimen in detail.

This might seem like an odd question but... Am I supposed to wash out the deep conditioner? :perplexed

I could use a little help here. I want to start shampooing/condition every two weeks, then flat-ironing with Maxiglide. Where does the hot oil treatment, clarifying shampoo, deep cond. (I'm using a heat cap. w. kenra) and leave-in cond. (biolage) fit in here?

I want to wear my hair straight all two weeks.

Thanks for any help!

My flat-iron regimine:
-prepoo with cholesterol(you can use the hot oil treatment here if you like)
-clarifying poo
-moisturizing poo
-deep cond.
-rinse
-apply serum(or other leave-in of your choice)
-blowdry on low heat and low speed while continuously holding the cold shot button
-flat-iron on 33% heat

Back