Flat Iron Advice

I haven't straightened my hair since June and looking forward to doing it in the very near future, but I want to make sure I have all the proper tools and products. I am very afraid because I just cut off a lot of hair as a result of heat damage. I have extremely thick coarse 3b-4a range curls. I am torn between a maxiglide, sedu, chi and ghd flat-iron. As for heat protectant I am willing to pay top dollar to ensure my hair is well protected. My biggest problem is that the front of my hair while is finer than the back of my hair. Additionally the front my hair is mostly 3b, but a few areas of 3a. I plan to air dry my hair to minimize the direct heat and aid in stretching it out, so I don't need to apply much heat.

Any suggestions....

I have a Sedu and I like it. I also have a GHD and a maxiglide but I haven't tried them yet.

I don't think you're going to get more protection just by spending more money for a heat protectant.

I'm not convinced they can really stop your hair from being heat damaged. I think you can try one of the drugstore brands and see how you like it.

I agree, but I was using the IC Fantasia heat protectant, I might not have been using enough of it. But it seems like the general consensus is that Sabino works.

Back