FIX MY Product Reggie!!!!

leigh.hill

I still consider myself new to being natural though it has been a year. I thought my product regime was okay, but now that it is warmer IDK. It needs tweeking!!!! I love my DC but everything else can go IMO.

Co-wash conditioner: Jane Carter Deep Conditioner

Shampoo: Castille Soap diluted with water
DC: Bee Mine Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
Leave-in: Bee Mine Moisturizing Deep Conditioner (this is not a typo, I use it as a leave-in too)
Oil: Jojoba
Cream: Camille Rose Curlaide Moisture Butter

Also, my TWA is growing but I think I am stunting hair growth my using an afro pick everyday to comb my hair. I wet it first but I see little broken hairs all over my bathroom floor and I can hear my hair breaking :nono: but I don't know any other way. I tried braiding my hair at night, but it's a mess in the morning and I just end up spraying it with water and picking it out.

Changes? Advice? Help!

I don't know of any product ideas because my hair likes weird stuff and I'm also trying to make a summer reggie!

But I agree with the above poster, I think the daily combing is the culprit. Have you tried low manipulation styles like twist outs/braid outs? I have been living in twist outs and found that when I make 40ish small-medium twists and use a good gel, the style lasts a week without much manipulation. Whenever I try to do bigger twists like (15-20), it looks good on the first two days, but by day three, the style is shot. :nono: To protect my ends, I twist until there's an inch or so left of hair left, then twirl the rest into a finger coil (Like Naptural85).

Hope this helped!

I cannot find a protective style for hair that is my length (tapered TWA about 4 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back). Suggestions are welcome?

Still waiting for some advice on the products.

overtherainbow I will try the larger twists. Only problem my twists don't last very long. Seriously by the time I get out the door to go to work - BAM - I got an AFRO!!!

I cannot find a protective style for hair that is my length (tapered TWA about 4 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back). Suggestions are welcome?

Still waiting for some advice on the products.

overtherainbow I will try the larger twists. Only problem my twists don't last very long. Seriously by the time I get out the door to go to work - BAM - I got an AFRO!!!

You can try finger coils until your back is longer.

Why do you think you need different products?

A wig perhaps?

As far as products I think you should find your positity before hunting for things

I honestly don't think it's your products, it's your technique. That's how the saying goes. The products you listed look fine to me.

You hear your hair breaking and see broken hairs all over the floor yet you think it's the products? If you want to see success, you will have to stop picking your hair everyday, especially if you are seeing these broken hairs.

If you want to retain some length, then stop. Maybe get a wig or some braids/twists until you get out of this length stage.

I recommend not picking/combing it out everyday and then if you don't notice any difference (less hair fall), start changing products. The products seem fine to me.

I agree that your daily styling is probably a big part, but I also wonder if you need more protein. I don't know how often you use the Jane Carter, but it is the only product I see with protein and the protein is way down on the list.

It's hard to know how much protein you need without knowing your hair properties, but that could be an issue.

Also, how long are the broken hairs? If they are short, when was the last time you had a trim?

1. Get rid of that castille soap - the pH is too high - Grab a a sulfate free or mild sulfate hair shampoo instead.

2. You need some protein in your life... Find a DC that has a mild protein so keep your hair strong.

I actually have no problems with picks... Figure a way to start protective styling...

-you can do plenty of protective styles with extensions at that length: braids twists weaves etc.
-if you're going to pick out your hair daily it needs to be well lubricated. Imo I'd use cones for slip.
-don't pick out your hair daily lol. Use twists at night to keep it stretched

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks ladies. I tried a combination of your suggestions last night and I saw much fewer little hairs on the floor and in the sink :-)))))))) I did a rough two-strand two on most of my head, took them out this morning, misted my hair with water, and apply the moisturizing gel to it BUT instead of picking my hair I gently pulled the gel through my hair. Took a little bit more time, but I got the same results/style.

I sporadically use protein - I have the mild treatment GPB and the heavy stuff too by Komaza. I will start using the GPB once a week.

I'll replace the Castille soap with my 'ole favorite from KeraCare. It's sulphate-free. Thanks JudithO

I am not a wig or weave girl. Occassionally, I'll get braids.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Back