First Update Since Joining LHCF

Cholet112

Hey ladies! I joined LHCF this time last month and man what a journey it has been in ONLY a month. Here is my first udate pic.
The first pic was take 11/7/06 after a CLOSE TO SCALP blowdry/straighten; Second pic was taken 11/22/06 after a relaxer (NO TRIM!). I believe I reached APL. I used an inches shirt and APL is at 5.5 inches. There is also a brown tint after using the henna.

And here is where the comb broke when she put my relaxer in!!!!

You must be doing something right!!! And you broke a comb too? That is some strong hair girl!!!!

rdm said:
You must be doing something right!!! And you broke a comb too? That is some strong hair girl!!!!

All I do is moisture/seal/baggy EVERY night. I dont wear my hair down anymore, its always in a bun. And I only comb on wash days 2x per week and deep condition each time.

den1 said:
that is great progress, may i ask what products you use?

Thank you so much!

KeraCare 1st Lather
KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
KeraCare Moisturizing Conditioner fo Color Treated Hair
KeraCare Leave-in
Farouk Chi Silk Infusion
ORS Olive Oil
Coconut Oil

Cholet112 said:
Thank you so much!

KeraCare 1st Lather
KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
KeraCare Moisturizing Conditioner fo Color Treated Hair
KeraCare Leave-in
Farouk Chi Silk Infusion
ORS Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
thank-you, i was wondering how do you like the keracare moisturising conditioner.

den1 said:
thank-you, i was wondering how do you like the keracare moisturising conditioner.

I LOVE IT! I used to be a HUGE fan of the Humecto but ever since I have tried this my hair has been thanking me. It leaves my hair so moisturized and silky.

Cholet112 said:
I LOVE IT! I used to be a HUGE fan of the Humecto but ever since I have tried this my hair has been thanking me. It leaves my hair so moisturized and silky.
Thanks for responding, sounds like something i really need to try. Good luck with your regimen, i hope to see many more progress pics in the near future.

neonbright said:
You go girl... You hair looks great, oh my I love your progress...

Thank you! I attribute it to this board. Wearing my shoulder length hair down was getting eaten up by my clothes. But bunning and baggying my hair has left me with really healthy ends. Also, NO MORE TRIMMING...until absolutely necessary. I was getting trims every 6 weeks at relaxer time and I was getting no lengths. Also I will be stretching my relxers every 8-9 weeks now.

Cholet112 said:
All I do is moisture/seal/baggy EVERY night. I dont wear my hair down anymore, its always in a bun. And I only comb on wash days 2x per week and deep condition each time.

Perfect, this is what I do also:yep: and with little manipulation. ;) Your hair is going to grow soooo fast:grin:

Cholet112 said:

Brilliant progress Cholet112. When you say you baggy every night is that your whole head or just the ends? and what do you seal your hair with? I would love to try me some of that.

:eek: Wow, great progress lady!!!!

Something about you sitting in that chair smiling made me smile. You look so happy!:p

Great growing.

CandiceC said:
Great progress!

Are the days on your siggy pics right? (Day 1/Day 60)

Yeah. Per se. I had my last perm in late September and my hair was trim to my shoulders, barely grazed. That day 1 pic was take 11/07/06 after a blowdry and straighten. That day 60 pic was take yesterday 11/22/06 after only a relaxer.

evie said:
Brilliant progress Cholet112. When you say you baggy every night is that your whole head or just the ends? and what do you seal your hair with? I would love to try me some of that.

No, I tried baggying my whole head and I woke up a sopping mess. Now I only baggy my ends. I moisturize with ORS Olive oil, then I seal with coconut oil. Lou Ann cooking coconut oil to be exact. Man, please believe its the ish!:D

Thank you ladies for all of you encouragement. LHCF has truly been a God-send. I wouldnt know anything about growing my hair if it werent for this board. I had just decided that my hair would be shoulder length for the rest of my life.

BTW my stylist used ULI relaxer and I LOVE it more than the affirm I used to use. I ddint burn at all and I still have a lot of bounce to it.

LocksOfLuV said:
:eek: Wow, great progress lady!!!!

Something about you sitting in that chair smiling made me smile. You look so happy!:p

Great growing.

Girl, that was pain under that smile. I had lions and tigers and bears oh my in my scalp. She said my thick new growth had begun to coil up and lock! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Cholet112 said:
Hey ladies! I joined LHCF this time last month and man what a journey it has been in ONLY a month. Here is my first udate pic.
The first pic was take 11/7/06 after a CLOSE TO SCALP blowdry/straighten; Second pic was taken 11/22/06 after a relaxer (NO TRIM!). I believe I reached APL. I used an inches shirt and APL is at 5.5 inches. There is also a brown tint after using the henna.

And here is where the comb broke when she put my relaxer in!!!!

Congratulations on your progress!!! I am proud of everyone here whose hair has been flourishing, but I am especially happy for people from my hometown. Keep up the good work.

***You and Macherieamour might make me return to Keracare.:mad: :D

You made a lot of progress in just a month!...wow. Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. Keep up the great work!

Pokahontas said:
You made a lot of progress in just a month!...wow. Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. Keep up the great work!

The growth surprised me too! Especially since my hair tends to shed and grow slower in the winter time. But the vitamins and water are really working for me.

Congratulations on your wonderful progress! Your stylist has beautiful hair,too.

Back