First Successful RollerSet w/PICS (Thanks MizzBrown!)

Buttercreme

I think I finally got the hang of this.

Before, I could never get the rollers to stay in tight until a member here - Mizzbrown- inspired me to try again. I saw her siggy in one of her posts and she had these pink magnetic rollers w/shields.

I wrote down all the tips/tricks from every thread and this is how it turned out.

It takes me about an hour, but I love doing them. Can't wait till winter's over so I can do them more often. Right now I'm in a protective style.

Last edited:
Turned out really nice!! Do you have a link to her post. I just can't seem to keep the rollers tight.

I cant seem to get the roller tight either, but those shields look scary to me!! :look:

Do they get caught in your hair at all?

Last edited:
I think I finally got the hang of this.

Before, I could never get the rollers to stay in tight until a member here - Mizzbrown- inspired me to try again. I saw her siggy in one of her posts and she had these pink magnetic rollers w/shields.

I wrote down all the tips/tricks from every thread and this is how it turned out.

It takes me about an hour, but I love doing them. Can't wait till winter's over so I can do them more often. Right now I'm in a protective style.

th_IMG_0662.jpg
th_IMG_0663.jpg

th_IMG_0665.jpg
th_IMG_0666.jpg
WOW, looks great you did a good job. I am jealous of those big rollers I can not find those anywhere. Your hair looks nice and healthy

Turned out really nice!! Do you have a link to her post. I just can't seem to keep the rollers tight.

She wasn't posting about rollersetting, but I caught a glimpse of her siggy pic (a few months ago) she had those rollers in. Her siggy is diff.now

I cant seem to get the roller tight either, but those shields look scary to me!! :look:

Do the caught in your hair at all?

Those shields are my bff:yep:.

They are really easy to remove. I hold onto the roller, then gently lift off. It has pulled a few times, buts thats when I have way too much hair in the roller and the hair is coming out the sides.

THANX BUTTERCREME! :thankyou:

Why am i JUST now finding this thread?? I got a shout out though! YEAHHHHH FOR ME!!!!!! Glad you found something that worked. Cute hair!

I REFUSED to use those magnetic rollers. NEVER worked for me and rollersetting is a breeze w/ the snap-ons. I takes me about 15 minutes to roll up my wet hair now and then i spend about an 1 1/2 hr under the dryer.

I havent used the blow dryer to dry my hair in over a month and I'm glad. Each time i get better and better.

My snap-on sets:
rollerset2.jpg

rollerset3.jpg

rollerset4.jpg

Congrats Mandy, your rollerset hair looks great:yep: Mizzbrown yours does too :yep: I may try a rollerset using those kind of rollers

You're rollerset looks good. I've always admired MizzBrown's rollerset too, very shiny!

I love the shields, they've become my new bff too, it makes rollersetting so MUCH easier.

THANX BUTTERCREME! :thankyou:

Why am i JUST now finding this thread?? I got a shout out though! YEAHHHHH FOR ME!!!!!! Glad you found something that worked. Cute hair!

I REFUSED to use those magnetic rollers. NEVER worked for me and rollersetting is a breeze w/ the snap-ons. I takes me about 15 minutes to roll up my wet hair now and then i spend about an 1 1/2 hr under the dryer.

I havent used the blow dryer to dry my hair in over a month and I'm glad. Each time i get better and better.

My snap-on sets:
rollerset2.jpg

rollerset3.jpg

rollerset4.jpg

15 mins to set! Oh boy, if only mine could be that quick!

aww you guys' sets came out so purty!

i need to practice with the snap-on rollers. i like the magnetic ones, because they don't leave dents in my hair, but i hate how long it takes to use the clips :ohwell:

I like the rollers w/caps too...the only thing I had to learn is you need to get the right sized roller. So I usually roll my hair on smaller rollers than I would use if I was doing a set w/the clips instead. For example w/the clips I use a black roller...with the caps I use the pinks! Works great though.

both rller sets are pretty, where do you buy these rollers from?

You can buy them nearly anywhere. I just picked up another 6 pack from Sally's the other day. Your local BSS, CVS, Ebay, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc.

I got the value pack first then bought some bigger ones as my hair grew out longer.
rollers.jpg

OR, buy them individually in packs:

rollers1.jpg

Back