First Self Texlax - Where did I go wrong?

addaboutmyhair

So tonight I planned to texlax my new growth by myself

I divided my hair into 4 sections, the sectioned the front and back into 13 small slices each, held by duck bill clips. I covered the back half with a stocking cap while I did the front. I based my scalp and I used Affirm mild. I applied with a perm brush and went over it with the end of a rat tail comb. I went over time but luckily my hair didn't over process. I planned to leave it on 8 minutes, it ended being 11 minutes. I do the back half.

So far so good.

I used Isoplus Neutralizing shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse, to rinse and neutralize the relaxer. The ACV rinse made my hair rough! And then it started to tangle! It was a good neutralizer because the Isoplus was taking forever but it was terrible.

Afterwards I shampooed with Burts Bees. Right now I have burt's Bees conditioner, Organix shea butter conditioner, and Megatek in my head under a heat cap. I detangled with the conditioner for 45 minutes and still lost some hair.:wallbash: What did I do wrong? Does anyone have suggestions for a different neutralizer?

If I were you I'd have left the ACV for the last step, I mean after protein treatment and Deep Conditioning. ACV is not a neutralizer but a cuticule sealer that is why it is best to do it last. I dont know for the relaxer on top of the BKT though, that may explain your tangles, but I am just guessing. So my recommendations try a DC after your Megatek treatment and try a new ACV rinse highly diluted in water to close your cuticule and decrease your tangles. HTH :)

I relaxed today and used the ACV after my first shampoo with the neutralizing shampoo. It definitely got me to white suds much faster than usual! After the ACV rinse I used the neutralizing shampoo again twice, then DC'd and ended with Porosity Control. I had no tangles. I did my protein treatment before using the neutralizing shampoo.

I'm a little confused. So after rinsing your relaxer with water you did a protein treatment, then a neutralizing shampoo, then an ACV rinse, then neutralizing shampoo again?

Questions 2: You've never had ACV make your hair rough at all?
If not, I need to research ACV's impact on BKT. It shouldn't do anything but we'll see what I find.

I'm a little confused. So after rinsing your relaxer with water you did a protein treatment, then a neutralizing shampoo, then an ACV rinse, then neutralizing shampoo again?

Questions 2: You've never had ACV make your hair rough at all?
If not, I need to research ACV's impact on BKT. It shouldn't do anything but we'll see what I find.

Yes, I rinse my hair thoroughly with water, then apply ORS Hair Mayo for about 7-8 minutes. THEN I do a neutralizing shampoo, follow it with the ACV rinse, then I do the neutralizing shampoo again - that way I confirm that the suds are white.

Thanks! I'm starting over by neutralizing again. I got paranid b/c the back of my head was itching/tingling.
Than I'll protein, DC the seal my cuticle

Back