First self flat iron in a year (pics included)

TCatt86

I used a bunch of peoples different methods and I am pleased with the results. After I used the ORS Replenshing Pak I put Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In let it airdry for a little, then I put Fantasia IC Heat Protectant Serum in my hair and blew it dry using pinkskates tension method. Then I flat ironed it using the comb and chase method I don't know whose method that is but thanks, then after I flat ironed it I bumped the ends and viola!! Thanks everyone whose videos, fotkis and threads I stalked. I loved the end result.

Hosted on Fotki

Natural hair blown dry with tension method
Hosted on Fotki

Beginning the process

Hosted on Fotki

Finished product.
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

I have a long way to go before BSL even APL is a few inches away
:perplexedHosted on Fotki

Wow!!! You did a really good job. I'm still perfecting my technique, but sadly enough, I won't be flat ironing until next December. Your hair looks fantastic :grin:

Look at you; great job and gorgeous hair!
It's so cool to see naturals straighten their hair,
it is always a surprise to see how long it really is.

Lookin good!!! Your hair looks so full and healthy, you did a great job! And you're very pretty, too! :)

I love it! Wow you look like a completely different person compared to your natual shots. lol.

I probably looked different too. I realized I assumed two different things about you from the two different haistyles. Interesting. Like how can I explain...like thought up two sepaate identities based off a hairstyle. Light weight ignorant to do..bad part about humans well atleast ME..making assumptions off of appearance...but...it was interesting still.

Anyways..you look fabulous!

I am looking at your Fotki. My goodness! I love your hai! I absolutely love your hai. Tool bar..Favorites. Add To Favorites. CHECK!

Looks really nice. Very shiny and full of body.
Thank You
Wow!!! You did a really good job. I'm still perfecting my technique, but sadly enough, I won't be flat ironing until next December. Your hair looks fantastic :grin:
I understand it took me a year to get it ok and I still have work I need to do, I tried to straighten my hair in Oct and you should have seen that monstrousity!!!:lachen:
Looks great! I'm really loving your nape!
Thank you!!! I was surprised myself how shiny and straigt it go.
Look at you; great job and gorgeous hair!
It's so cool to see naturals straighten their hair,
it is always a surprise to see how long it really is.
I know shrinkage ain't nothing nice!!!!
You did a really good job...very nice :)
Thank You
Lookin good!!! Your hair looks so full and healthy, you did a great job! And you're very pretty, too! :)
Thanks tiffers!! I love that screenname btw, but that's because what everyone calls me in real life.
oooohhhh so nice:) great job! How come the naturals can straighten

so well? :yep::love: :)
I don't know, it took a while to get better, I think patience is needed whether it be relaxed or natural:yep:

Beautiful MsT!
Thank You!!!

I love it! Wow you look like a completely different person compared to your natual shots. lol.

I probably looked different too. I realized I assumed two different things about you from the two different haistyles. Interesting. Like how can I explain...like thought up two sepaate identities based off a hairstyle. Light weight ignorant to do..bad part about humans well atleast ME..making assumptions off of appearance...but...it was interesting still.

Anyways..you look fabulous!

:lachen::lachen: I don't know if you meant that to be funny but I'm cracking up. I remember from my pictures, people on the board thought I was short, like 5'2 when I'm really 5'9 lol. And my coworker at work told me she was surprised to see I looked pretty with my hair straighten because she never sees it, I pretty much where my hair in it's natural state at all time, I'll be back in twists next week I miss the curlies already:grin:

Back