First Rollerset on my Natural Hair - *PICS*

Qurlyqt

One thing I've missed about having relaxed hair was the ability to do rollersets. I've wanted to try one on my natural hair for a very long time but feared it would be too poofy. I decided to go ahead and try it so if nothing else, I could get it out of my system. Although I can see ways to tweak my process, here are a couple of pics...

Attachments

• 1026 - RollersetC.jpg
    1026 - RollersetC.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 363
  • 1026 - RollersetB.jpg
    1026 - RollersetB.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 314
wow!! It came out gorgeous girly! Im glad SOMEBODY has the patience to do a natural rollerset. If I even start thinkin about it, I need a nap! LOL

Great job. Your hair looks nice but how you gone come up in here with pictures and not tell us what you did and products you used.:naughty:

Thanks all! Sorry I put the details in my Fotki and not in this thread. What was I thinking? :grin:

I used Giovanni Leave In and Lottabody cream, sectioned it like I was going to do a braidout (12-14 sections), braided the root only so it wouldn't swell too big, used the plastic rollers (smaller ones at the nape). I let my hair air dry (not by choice) until it was almost dry, then got under the dryer for 20 minutes to make sure the curls were locked in. I removed the rollers, rubbed shea butter along the entire curl, stretching it completely out, unbraided the root and separated. HTH

Very pretty! I love roller sets. They are a geat way to stretch your hair without heat and curls are always ultra soft and feminine :)

For some asking questions:

As long as you wrap your hair tight around the roller, you should be able to achieve a look as if you had a relaxer. I think it varies by hair texture, but the idea is the same.

With mine, I use ORS wrap/set mousse. I saturate the hair with it, put a rolling paper on and tightly wrap the hair around the roller. I alternate between perm rods if I want tight curls and flexirods for bigger spirals.

SOOOO pretty, I ran in here when I saw it was you posting bc I :love: your hair! :lol:

I like rollersets, too, but i think i will have to wait until my hair gets a bit longer....

nice hair :) your rollerset came out sooo cute, I now love giovanni direct leave in for my rollersets now, sets are xtra xtra soft.

Back