FIRST EVER SET OF CROCHET BRAIDS!! (PICS)

laurend085

Well I had those hideous pre-braided individual crochet braids as a child :perplexed but these are my first of this kind. My mom did them for me. She corned in a bee hive and the braid ended near my crown. I used Freetress Waterwave 1b and 1b33. You can't really see the 33 in these pictures. It took her maybe 2-3 hours to braid and crochet. I got them done Feb.4. I love them as a ps. I had planned to wear these then get senegalese twists and maybe (probably not) a sew-in until I chop my ends this summer but I may just keep these depending on how they work out. I will see how they hold up after wash and dc them this week. I moisturize them with my sheabutter/oil mix and moisturizing spray everyday and night. The ONLY thing I don't like is that they look good pulled back BUT I can't because of my exposed hair.braids (See 2nd pic). If anyone can tell me how they should be braided differently to better hide my hair next time so I can wear pony tails and such please let me know! Thanks for looking!

crochet1.jpg

crochet2.jpg

crochet3.jpg

Love the look. I may try this next. I am installing some crochet braids now and I LOVE the look..I have to post a pic once I am done. This is definitely going to be my protective styling method of choice for 2011.

I moisturize them with my sheabutter/oil mix and moisturizing spray everyday and night.

Your crochet braids look great. I love them as a protective style too. But you done tole me a lil sumthin sumthin here. :lachen: You moisturize your freetress or natural hair? Are you using teh sheabutter/oil mix on the added hair? If so how is it working out? If it is working well I'd like to try it. Thanks

Your crochet braids look great. I love them as a protective style too. But you done tole me a lil sumthin sumthin here. :lachen: You moisturize your freetress or natural hair? Are you using teh sheabutter/oil mix on the added hair? If so how is it working out? If it is working well I'd like to try it. Thanks

I'm using it on my natural hair to keep it moisturized I go between the cornrows. A little may get on the added hair but it doesn't mess it up or anything.

These are cute! Definitely not the crochet braids I remember. I like to pull my hair in ponytail, hence the reason I have not tried these. I will watch the suggestions you get for that.

^^ Also I've seen people do a few individual braids on the front perimeter and then crochet the rest.

Back