Fingerstyling - Help me y'all!!!

mich_w

Fingerstyling - Help me y\'all!!!

After seeing that healthy head of hair on the thread that Mermaid started, I was looking through the before and after pictures and I came across these
http://www.curve-salon.com/beforeafter6.htm (2nd row) and
http://www.curve-salon.com/beforeafter4.htm (3rd row).

Now these two ladies came in for hi-lights and had their hair finger-styled so I'm presuming nothing else was done to their hair (chemically). The majority of my hair is exactly like the lady in the first set of pics and probably like the second set of pics at the back of my head (much curlier than the rest of my hair), but whenever I try and style it comes out a hot mess.
angry2.gif
wallbash.gif
swearing.gif

So these are my questions:

1) How does this finger styling work? (how do you do it y'all????
perplexed.gif

2) What products would you use (gel, pomade..etc)

Ladies HELP A DESPERATE SISTER OUT PLEASE!!!
grin.gif

Re: Fingerstyling - Help me y\'all!!!

Ok this is what I do when I want to wear my hair curly. I spray it until it's damp (with distilled water or a spray leave in). Then I spray my hair with John Frieda Ripple Effect. I add some gel and start scrunching my hair all over. But I always need some air (meaning from a blowdryer). So what I do, and I came up with this technique). I have a little heater in my bathroom, not the one that is installed on your wall but a little electric one. I take that heater and set it on the toilet. Then I bend over and let my hair hang right in front of that heater and scrunch it all the time. When the back is almost dry I turn the heater around and let my hair hang in front of it. This works pretty well and I love the results I get.

Thanks Nay (good idea with the heater
brainy.gif
)
I wonder if 'Ripple Effect' would work on my hair - I'm 4a (I think) and natural....

Anyone else fingerstyle their hair..?

I know that Curve uses a product called BBD Glass. Here's a review about it: [ QUOTE ]
Product Review: BBD Glass
By Imara, OurHair Reviewer

I had heard about BBD Glass on one of the many hair care sites. The product junkie in my surfaced and my initial thoughts were “I have to have it!” After a little more exploration of the board I came across a post that said it contained a lot of amino acids and this really turned my off cause my hair would flip out if I put too much protein on it.
A couple of months passed the product junkie won out and I decided that I had to have this products cause I had seen great results from other people who had hair similar to mine. I had the great fortune to take a trip to NYC and I decided to visit the salon Curve (where Glass is sold). I called ahead and ordered the Glass ($19) and planned to pick it up when I got in town.

When I first saw the product I was in the salon and one of the owners let me take a gander at an open jar. It is sold in a 16oz plastic jar and the first thing I noticed was the wonderful smell. I can’t describe it but it was very pleasant to me. When I touched it I noticed that it was a pudding like consistency that didn’t lose it viscosity when you emulsified it between your hands. I unfortunately had to wait two days till I was able to try this out on my hair.
The first time I used it I fell in love instantly with the results except for some apprehension when I first applied it. I applied it to sopping wet hair and it made my hair feel sort of rough to the touch. This did worry me but I continued to apply it the way I was shown at Curve (section by section starting in the back), shook and hoped for the best. After completing a couple of morning tasks around the house, I went back to the bathroom to look at my hair and I was floored by the curl definition. When I had finished with the initial application I had a little halo of frizz here and there, but it was all gone and replaced by shiny perfectly formed coils. As it continued to dry I noticed how soft my hair had become. I don’t know how long it took my hair to dry (should have timed it) but it seemed to dry in less time than usual.
I continued to use the Glass for a full week and I noticed that my hair was still a mass of coils when I would get up in the morning – and the softness was unbelievable.
Overall I would give this product a double thumbs up on results – the only draw back it is that is hard to procure if you don’t live in NYC or the manufacturer:

BBD Products
Big Bad D
75A Catherine St.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734-481-1290

[/ QUOTE ]

Back