Finger Twists and Pixie Twists Question

Fhrizzball

So I've been looking through KinkyKurlyQueens Blog (http://naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com/All-Twisted-UpFinal-Pics-8470456) and tried doing pixie twists. The problem is that my twists curl up on itself and looks wonky. I tried doing it on stretched hair, equally parted strands, sister twists vs regular twists and got the same result. Maybe it's my products?

Anyways then out of boredom I tried my hand at finger twists/finger coils being I never tried them before. My roots came out a bit loose and the ends aren't that smooth but with all the loc threads popping up I can pretend I'm doing that if only for a week. Next time I'll use product with more hold since it was a spur of the moment thing I didn't really prepare. More pics of it in my profile album.

Attachments

• DSCN1388.JPG
    DSCN1388.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1380.jpg
    DSCN1380.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN1356.jpg
    DSCN1356.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1352.jpg
    DSCN1352.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 41
These are actually pretty nice. Were they wet/sticky from product? How long did they take to dry? How long did they take to install?

These are actually pretty nice. Were they wet/sticky from product? How long did they take to dry? How long did they take to install?

I probably used a bit too much leave in but by morning they were dry and they didn't take long just like a set of regular twists. I was watching tv while I was doing it so about 1.5 hrs or so? I'll probably separate them later on this week but hopefully even with that they'll last for a bit.

*Bumps*

For those that do pixie twists, how do you make them not curl up on themselves? Also what holding product do you guys use for your coils?

Back