finally used these darn Curlformers...

ladylibra

...wow, I can't tell you how long it's been since I've bought a bottle of Lottabody. Seriously. It was like 5 and half years ago! :look: But yesterday, I went looking for it at the BSS because... it was finally time to try out my Curlformers.

I attached a pic from right after when I took the Curlformers out... I didn't bother to separate and style since I have to work tormorrow and will just end up pulling my hair back. :perplexed It's not perfect, but it looks pretty good IMO - this will be my winter staple. :grin:

Attachments

• curlysue3.jpg
    curlysue3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 300
lovely hair-and you're always so cute-your smile is so sunny! :grin:
what's your regimen using these gonna look like?? just curious...

^^^There is definitely a learning curve with these things! A few times I had a section of hair too big or tangled or something... that darn hook and the wad of hair gets stuck and you have to push it back through the top. :drunk: But, I knew it was better to do that, than keep trying to pull it through the Curlformer and ripping out a plug of hair. :lol:

All in all, a positive experience. Honestly, I needed to make even smaller sections. I am gonna have to buy more :rolleyes:

lovely hair-and you're always so cute-your smile is so sunny! :grin:
what's your regimen using these gonna look like?? just curious...

:grin: Thank you!

I've been working on my new fall/winter reggie. I haven't quite perfected it, but we'll see how this week goes. Basically cutting out co-washing, only washing hair 1x-2x a week but DCing after each wash and then rollersetting. Yes, I did sit under a hooded dryer. :yep:

OK, Lady Libra, can I just be mad that your hair is so freaking long? Where are you racing to? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, your hair ith tho pretty! If you ever try separating them, I wanna see and I want tips. I had trouble separating mine w/o the ends getting frizzy. Did you use heat or just airdry? Can you break down your process please?

Last edited:
OK, Lady Libra, can I just be mad that your hair is so freaking long? Where are you racing to? :rolleyes:

On a serious note, your hair ith tho pretty! If you ever try separating them, I wanna see and I want tips. I had trouble separating mine w/o the ends getting frizzy. Did you use heat or just airdry? Can you break down your process please?

:lol: To waist length, if I can stand it!

I don't know if y'all can tell by the pic, but some of my ends were a bit fuzzy. I wonder if I should use a rattail comb next time instead of just my Denman to detangle... or if I just didn't use enough setting lotion? :look:

Basically what I did - washed in braided sections, rinsed, conditioned, detangled, rinse, DC for 20 minutes, rinse... take down one braided section at a time, brushed Lottabody throughout and then added more to each little piece before pulling it though the Curlformer. Now, I didn't have enough Curlformers to do my whole head because, I have a big head and a lot of hair which I always underestimate. :rolleyes: I had to do it in 2.5 sections - back, front and then the little section of my crown. I did sit under the dryer, but kept the rest of my hair that wasn't on Curlformers braided and wrapped in a baggie. Very ghetto I know :lol: but I am going to buy a few more packs early next week. Then I should be in business for real. :yep:

:lol: To waist length, if I can stand it!

I don't know if y'all can tell by the pic, but some of my ends were a bit fuzzy. I wonder if I should use a rattail comb next time instead of just my Denman to detangle... or if I just didn't use enough setting lotion? :look:

Basically what I did - washed in braided sections, rinsed, conditioned, detangled, rinse, DC for 20 minutes, rinse... take down one braided section at a time, brushed Lottabody throughout and then added more to each little piece before pulling it though the Curlformer. Now, I didn't have enough Curlformers to do my whole head because, I have a big head and a lot of hair which I always underestimate. :rolleyes: I had to do it in 2.5 sections - back, front and then the little section of my crown. I did sit under the dryer, but kept the rest of my hair that wasn't on Curlformers braided and wrapped in a baggie. Very ghetto I know :lol: but I am going to buy a few more packs early next week. Then I should be in business for real. :yep:

Thanks for the breakdown.

Yes, you need lots. :yep: I don't think I have a lot of hair, yet when I did part of my head (please excuse the unkempt cornrows LOL), I used 80 of them (8 packs of ten). I have a total of 100 coz when I did my mom's head 6 packs were not enough so I knew to get more for myself. I'm thinking I might need a couple more bags just to be sure I can do my whole head. :look:

It looks great. I've been thinking of getting some and using them on my daughter. I'm going to add them to my list. :grin:

They came out really great!! You hair looks lovely!

Did you find that the Curlformers were really hard to use? i know you said it had a learning curve. I can be all thumbs at times when dealing with some hair products/techniques. Every time some one post about them I get a lil scared to try them but they were on sale a few weeks ago and was tempted to pick them up.

Back